New front end??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just finished doing my whole steering and suspension. With some help from some fellow GMT's here it all came out pretty good. You definitely have to have an air chisel/hammer for the upper balljoints. It makes the job much easier. I haven't finished, waiting on the Idler arm bracket to button up everything. I'm really hoping all these tightens up that steering.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you are going to all the trouble of removing the UCA's to remove the knockouts. &/or the LCA's to remove the ball joints, I'd also consider replacing the bushings in 'em, while you have them out. Rubber or urethane, your choice, but these trucks are getting kinda old now, & those bushings are also getting tired. All the suspension upgrades in the world are are only as good as the weakest or most worn part.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the reason I went ahead and did all my bushings,balljoints,tierods,idler arm, and pitman. . . . . . . . .

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you have to wait on an idler arm bracket? mine came with the bracket.

good point on the bushings, I should have ordered mine. I got all mine from rock auto for like $99 shipped, got 4 tie rods, 4 ball joints, an idler arm and adjuster sleeves.