new from texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevinRGV

Reaction score
Hello from Weslaco! Nice stepside you got there bro. Also going into Junior year and i always turn heads in my stock OBS, mainly because i dont think there are any others at my school.

Oh and as for the "mommy&daddy" thing, i hear ya when you say its better to do it yourself. I have a job here in town and i pay for EVERYTHING when it comes to my truck. Its totally worth it when you buy something, put it on and step back to admire it. No better feeling in the world, IMO.

true. right now i had a talk with my dad and he wants me to sell it and get a 99+ silverado. but i dont really want to. i rather stay with my obs and fix it up but he hates it when i spend my money on the truck.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
true. right now i had a talk with my dad and he wants me to sell it and get a 99+ silverado. but i dont really want to. i rather stay with my obs and fix it up but he hates it when i spend my money on the truck.

another reason mommy and daddy bought ours, they hate it when we spend our money on anything, even my 4-wheeler

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Too bad it gives them control of you man. Conditions of my truck are: Pay insurance every month, pass all my classes all year, keep my job, and i have to ask if i want to go out of town for example the beach, otherwise my uncle will take away my truck (it was originally his and has been for the past 17 years until now).

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ ahh, they would take control anyways, even if it was mine id still have a curfew, and would still have to tell them where im going, but this way when im older ill still get to drive the truck and not have to pay insurance, gas or for repairs (which would take up alllll my money) and this way i can still focus on school and football and other activies so i dont have to worry about working all the time to make money just to hangout and go places with my friends on friday nights

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I bought my first car at 15, almost 16, I had the rules you 2 have. Couldn't leave without saying where I am going, parents got pissed if I spent all my money on my car, but it was a classic and I kept it looking really good. When they seen that, they trusted me more. Had that car for a year with NO accidents and NO tickets, never been pulled over in it.

Then I bought my truck, sold the car, truck is even cleaner than that car was, I get compliments everywhere I go, only been pulled over once in my life, and it was in my truck last winter, going 40 in a 25, late for work. But I didn't get a ticket.

I still tell my parents where I am going, but since they trust me now, I don't have to beg to do stuff.

Oh and they understood that the jail time, fines, and court I had was all stupid bullshit, it had nothing to do with my truck or anything bad. I just took the quad out on the farmer behind my house's property and got prosecuted for it. No biggie.

So as long as you kids don't do anything stupid with your trucks, eventually your parents will stop hounding you and trying to take your keys.

Luckily, I own my truck, names on the title and I pay for gas, insurance and repairs. They wont take it, they know I worked hard for it and taking it away wont prove anything, but then again, it wont be taken away, I'm responsible.