New from Ohio, '97 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just2Sweet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello! I'm Steve, from the westside of Columbus Ohio, and I recently bought a 1997 Silverado 1500 4x4. White w/ maroon interior. The truck is powered by a Vortec 350 and NV3500. The body has over 232k miles on it, but it's 98% rust free (which is RARE in Ohio). It runs and drives great, and I absolutely love it. I've wanted an ECSB 4x4 for a while, and was lucky enough to find a clean one with the combo I really wanted, the 5.7 with a 5-speed.

You must be registered for see images attach

After shaving the moldings...

My '98 GTP that I sold to buy the truck...

My baby that I had to sell because I desperately needed money. I miss it every day...

My '92 Camaro that I've owned for several years. It's stock and super slow...

The '77 K5 I used to own...

More cars I used to own...

I also own a rusty '91 S10 2WD longbed with a blown up 4.3 and 5-speed. I have a TBI 350 to go into it, but haven't had the time or money to start on the swap yet.

Anyways, I'm a member on fullsizechevy and someone mentioned this site on there. I'm happy to join!

Just2Sweet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome, nice truck, and it look's you some nice rides before also!

Thank you!

Welcome. I notice an abundance of GM's.:waytogo::waytogo::waytogo:

Yep, every car I've owned has been a GM!

Welcome the new truck looks clean man! Love the 4th Gen too!!! :cheers:

Thanks! The 4th gen was my pride and joy. I'll have another one someday, or maybe a Corvette.

Nice truck! You don't see many 1/2 tons with the clearance lights on the cab, looks good!

Thanks! Yeah, they are factory GM lights but I'm 99% sure they aren't original. I like them though!