New from Memphis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IdreamofYenko

Runnin Lights and Sirens
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just figured I would drop in and introduce myself. Just bought my 400 this past weekend. This isn't my first one though. I learned to drive at age 9 in the cow pastures and field roads in a 94 ECSB C1500 owned by my grand-father. That ended up being my high school truck and on into college some. I sold it when I bought my Cobalt SS because a friend was hard up and needed a vehicle. Missed having a truck ever since. Decided recently it was time to find something. Much trolling of Craigslist resulted in this

You must be registered for see images

98 K1500 with a 5.7 and 198k on the odometer. Runs like a champ. Drove 3 hours to the north side of Nashville to go get it. Looks like I'll find everything I'll ever need to know here.

IdreamofYenko

Runnin Lights and Sirens
Reaction score
:welcome: looks like a good truck to start with... What's your plans?

Thanks! Not too much planned right now. Just gonna drive it for a while. First thing to be changed though will be the exhaust. Previous owner chopped up the exhaust and gutted the cats so it has true dual straight pipes on it and the town I live in won't put up with it for very long. Just have to simmer it down a bit. After that just some odds and ends stuff to clean it up (removing stickers and such) and keep it running well.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome an nice truck.

For the exhaust you probably just need a muffler/tip change. I have true duals an no cats on mine with turbo mufflers an its not loud at all. Best part is turbo mufflers are cheap!

IdreamofYenko

Runnin Lights and Sirens
Reaction score
Welcome an nice truck.

For the exhaust you probably just need a muffler/tip change. I have true duals an no cats on mine with turbo mufflers an its not loud at all. Best part is turbo mufflers are cheap!

I'll probably just throw some mufflers on it for the time being. It doesn't have anything on it at the moment which is why I can feel my truck idling in my driveway from the back of my house. I actually have a Dynomax truck resonator on my car and it sounds outstanding. Got it for super cheap too so I might go that way for a temporary fix.