New engine and cam.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy taul

Reaction score
I just bought a 1993 Silverado that the last owner put a new engine with an up graded cam in. It will run but it is very rough and rich. I don’t know if there was a chip add. What chip do you all suggest? I don’t know the specs on the cam so where do I start? Please help

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a 1993 Silverado that the last owner put a new engine with an up graded cam in. It will run but it is very rough and rich. I don’t know if there was a chip add. What chip do you all suggest? I don’t know the specs on the cam so where do I start? Please help
Your most likely have to get some data to start with. Harder with OBD1 but can still be done. Easiest will be getting a scanner that reads in real time. That way you know what's going on inside the engine. I'm smart enough to know I don't know enough about it to really help. I'm sure others will be along to guide you better. But that's going to be mentioned for sure.

And welcome from Alberta Canada.