Needing TBI o-ring help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep they're "just" o-rings but as Schurkey pointed out the material choice is important. With that in mind, I wouldn't trust the Dorman kit as far as I could throw it. Their rubber products are often not even good enough to call "inferior"

Richard
The dorman are viton... the echlin brand in the Napa link doesn't say but guessing the same.... Napa has their oe solution line which uses the same pic as the Dorman so probably the same??
So are we saying the $10 Hazard Fraught 180pc viton o-ring kit is a no go?
tbh, I'm still sketchy if the bag of o-rings said AC Delco...
:badidea:

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since your not familiar with " O ring dash number identification" just get the Dorman kit. They are a brown color which is often used to identify fuel proof o rings.
If you want to know about O rings, standardized sizes, how what materials are used for , brake fluids, hydraulic fluids, engine oil, gasoline, etc. " Parker Hannifin.com " pdf in everything you want know about o rings.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you asking about the flat plastic o-rings? If so, those aren't right. I needed a pair of those o-rings for my son's truck and the guys at O'Reilly thought I was insane when I kept telling them they weren't round rubber o-rings. I finally bought a TBI rebuild kit, and showed them the two flat plastic o-rings in the bottom of the box. I essentially paid $36 for two o-rings, but it fixed the leak.
Does anyone know where these plastic orings can be sourced separately other than from a kit.

Last edited: