Need some control arm help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simplespeed

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 96 K1500 5.7 and the upper ball joints and bushings are shot. The lower ball joints and bushings look like they were replaced at some point. Now, im a mechanic but iv gotten lazy with my own cars, imagine that. I could press new ball joints and bushings into the old control arms, but i dont want to to be honest. So i called local parts stores for a complete control arm and nobody offers it. The dealer does for 310 an arm with no bushings or ball joint but i dont wanna pay anywhere near that. So i got to looking online and see all these tubular arms that look pretty cool, but i dont need cool right now, but they are cool. I wanna stay cheap and i see some for less than 100 bucks an arm. Is there anything special i should know about ordering control arms? I searched around and see people talking about different kinds of factory control arms and stuff and i just wanna get it right the first time. Thanks for any help.