need new rear shocks, should i lower?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so need new rear shocks, think i killed mine hauling too much stuff
still plan on hauling, but kinda would like the truck lower, doubt i can afford an air system
looks like in lmc drop shocks are about the same as what i would be spending, but then i need the flip kit right?, wich is like 340 something
or should i not bother if i still want to haul

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also can i lower it if its a 4x4, or even eliminate the parts that make it 4 wheel drive

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea you can still lower it if it's 4x4. Theres a sticky on here about it I think. You need to look through the stupid lower questions thread to see exactly what you want to do, as in how much you wanna lower it, what you want to do to lower it, ect, ect.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
read whole thread, had nothing about hauling
i guess i probally couldnt do any more then a 2 inch drop in th rear and still haul
2 inch drop seems cheap, though i feel like right now with bad shocks it looks like i have a 2 inch drop in the rear, and that doesnt seem like as much as i want

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can drop it all you want, and still haul just fine.
do you have stock rear blocks? if so you can take those out and do 2" drop shackles and then de crank in the front.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont mean tow, i mean throw pallets of tile in the bed, wouldnt lowering be bad then

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope, you're not lowering the payload capacity unless you start pulling leafs out.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And you could always add some helper bags. Then it would haul more 8)

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i guess i just mean i would be more likely to bottom out
though maybe some decent shocks would help
i doubt i would go any more then 4 in the back anyway, but then i'de have to do the front, but for that, you can just cut some off the coils and thats it, for a little drop, or would i need drop shocks then

Last edited:

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You seem so set on shocks being the major issue. they aren't you pick a height then shocks accordingly. if you lower drop shocks will be best and ride the best. cutting coils is cheap but not the best way to do it.
you can do air bags in the back to air up when you are loaded