Need help with starter issue now!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Ok guys, I've gone through everything I can think of and can't get this damn thing to start. When I turn the key in the start position, the starter isn't getting a signal to turn. The starter IS GOOD. It bench test fine. The ignition switch was replaced a year and half ago, neutral safety switch a few days ago, and starter relay yesterday. Still nothing. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would have to see it to be able to help. Sometimes those thing's are hard to diagnose!

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember when I had my starter issue, the ignition wire that goes from the top of the wire harness near the firewall down the tube behind the engine was melted and corroded through. It is purple I recall, I just soldered a new wire from the top and that fixed my issue so maybe check that wire.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How are all your grounds in the engine bay? connections at the battery? Have you checked or replaced the solenoid?

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Now someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

On the s10 theres a little rod that attaches to the key cylinder in the column and sometimes when people had the wheel off they would come loose on accident and would cause it not to start. Seems like a several years back there was a prob with those rods breaking in the 1st gen s10 which is the same steering column we have. Might be worth checking if you have had the wheel off.