Need help with rearview mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have tried 4 different adhesives for the rearview mirror "button" and non have lasted more than a day. I am guessing I'm not quite in the correct position on the windshield and the spot has more curve to it? Can someone measure the distance from the top and driver side edge of the windshield to the center of the button please?

Thank you

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used this adhesive kit (ACDelco 10-1010) for the button in my Suburban. Worked great the first time and has been properly re-stuck for a couple years now.

www.amazon.com/ACDelco-10-1010-Interior-Rear-Mirror/dp/B007QBENMW

I can grab the measurements you asked for later but I doubt they'll help much, I don't think there's any special flat spot in the glass.

EDIT - Just noticed that the ACDelco adhesive kit I linked is out of stock on Amazon. JEGS has them.

https://www.jegs.com/i/ACDelco/065/10-1010/10002/-1

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Approximate measurements taken from my red '97 C1500...

Top edge of the windshield to center of the button: 5"

Center of the button to driver's side edge of the windshield (following the bottom of the tinted portion on top of the windshield): Just over 28 and 1/4"

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have tried 4 different adhesives for the rearview mirror "button" and non have lasted more than a day. I am guessing I'm not quite in the correct position on the windshield and the spot has more curve to it? Can someone measure the distance from the top and driver side edge of the windshield to the center of the button please?

Thank you
The glass and the mirror mount both need to be spotlessly clean with no residue from the old adhesive.
Not even a speck.
You have to follow the instructions exactly.
Including temperature bond time etc...
Dont overlook the mounting surface.
In general, "fresh" wet adhesives will not chemically bond to cured adhesives.
The old adhesive has already cured and catalysized and outgassed.
The new adhesive is only reacting with itself, and not with that now chemically different old adhesive.
And you should make sure that the adhesive you are using isnt ancient.
Its not a very commonly purchased adhesive so it may be a couple of years old.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get it. I've done this many times on other vehicles. Never had it not last. I use a razor blade to scrape off any old adhesive and alcohol to clean off the area.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used this adhesive kit (ACDelco 10-1010) for the button in my Suburban. Worked great the first time and has been properly re-stuck for a couple years now.

www.amazon.com/ACDelco-10-1010-Interior-Rear-Mirror/dp/B007QBENMW

I can grab the measurements you asked for later but I doubt they'll help much, I don't think there's any special flat spot in the glass.

EDIT - Just noticed that the ACDelco adhesive kit I linked is out of stock on Amazon. JEGS has them.

https://www.jegs.com/i/ACDelco/065/10-1010/10002/-1
Thanks for the measuring that. I'm not sure how I missed your reply the first time