Help with ‘95 K1500 power mirror wiring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone with a ‘95 please take a picture of the 8-place straight wiring plug that plugs into the power mirror adjusting switch?

I have all of the colors noted from the service manual. Unfortunately when I ordered an AC Delco pigtail to make a harness for my newly-installed power mirrors I received a pigtail with eight gray wires. The wiring diagram LISTS the colors and what they do, but does not show in what position they are located on the plug.

Alternatively, does anyone possibly just have a list of those colors and where they go on the plug?

I‘m guessing that with enough time and trial/error I could test every wire with every possible switch position to figure them all out but it sure would be nice to skip that long process.

Thank you,
Tom.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you checked the '95 factory service manuals? There might be a pinout for that connector in there somewhere.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have the OE service manual. In book two, page 8A-147-0 and page 8A-147-1. It shows the wire diagram schematic and connector's identifications. If you look at the mirror switch there are letters, B, C,D ,G so on. Those identity the location pin slots for the wire color/ pin home.
Wire #82 LT BLU pin hole B. The Metra connector has these letters or numbers ( depending on function) moulded onto the connector.
You may have noticed them till you look closely at the connector.
If you have not lost the pins on your wiring then depin your new plug and slot home your door wiring.
Or install new pins on door wiring and slot home in new plug.
Or least value option, use butt connectors to splice new pigtail into door wiring.
It is designed like a road map. You just have to follow the signs.
Good luck.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for adding the link.
" You may have NOT noticed the letters..... etc."

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I got all of the wire colors from the FSM that I downloaded on here. I’m an idiot. I never noticed the A, B,C… next to all the wire markings in the manual. D’oh!

I actually sprung for the AC Delco pigtails which were advertised as “correct color coded wires.“ I guess that would have been true if the factory would have used all gray. Those terminals are marked 1 through 8 instead of A through H. I’ll blame my confusion on that. Yeah, thin excuse but it’s all I’ve got.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There were two different OE part numbers listed for power mirror switch covering 20 plus years. That may be why one has letter slots, the other number slots. Or some other change, good luck.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well… I don’t feel so dumb now. I got all of my pigtails and sat down with the factory wiring diagram last weekend. NOTHING was working properly when I wired it up using the wiring diagram. After a couple of hours I threw in the towel and figured that I probably had a bad switch. I used jumpers to confirm all four of my mirror motors were working.

I bought a new switch and finally jumped back onto it this morning. Still nothing was working properly. So out came the probes, paper, pen, and tape to mark what every wire was doing in every switch position. Long process, but I now have every mirror motor doing what it’s supposed to do with every switch position.

Oddly, the wiring diagram only shows two common wires going from the switch to each mirror. When I finally got it correct I had FOUR wires connected to one switch wire. Two for each mirror. And zero wires actually matching what the diagram showed. After I was done I threw in the old factory switch just to be sure my new switch wasn’t an issue. Nope: worked as intended.

Bottom line is that I now have power tow mirrors working correctly with a home built wiring harness that looks nothing like what is in the FSM. I’m confused, but happy to have them working.