Need help. Truck not level.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently put 2" blocks In the rear of my truck. And cranked the front to level it out. My question is. While measuring it out I realized its not level at all. My passenger side sits almost an inch shorter in the rear. Just cranked the front to level out that side. Can anybody tell me why this is? Has the same thing done to it. And still sits lower. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Friday, I put the blocks in. All 4 shocks. And today we put those new suspension maxx cam torsion keys in it. As we were measuring it out it measured 8" on the driver side and 7" on the passenger side I believe is what the measurements were. All I can think is worn suspension parts. But I don't really have any idea. Was hoping someone else may have had this problem.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A worn shock will not effect the ride height, the shocks dont hold up the truck. If the back is low then it could be wore spring pack or if the driver side has had a leaf or two replaced before would make it sit higher, thats how my 98 is.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Droopy springs. What does you front look like?

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The front is fine. Minus for the parts with the 180k miles on them I.e. drive axles. It's just not cranked as far due to the fact the rear sits low. Wanted to make it level per side. I don't know a lot about much. But it bothers me and I can't figure it out. So if it is the leaf springs. Would it be best to replace both sides along with the shackles?

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Mine sits the same way and i have been fighting it but cannot get it where I want it

From what I have been told The truck is designed that way. Factory rake from front to back and then some rake from DS to PS...

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I def don't like it at all. And I would like to get it as close to level as possible all the way around. Is there any way to do so.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Get new springs. That's about all that's going to fix it.