Rear not level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy junkie

Reaction score
Hey yall. So I just did a flip kit on the back of my full size 1993 blazer and the passenger side is at least an inch higher. I did every thing the same not sure what could be causing it. Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Torqued the spring eye and shackle bolts with the vehicle at ride height, so the bushings aren't binding?

Shocks replaced with correct length shorter drop shocks so they aren't bottoming out internally and propping up the ride height?

Furthermore, are you 100% sure it was level before you did the work? Often they aren't, but we don't notice because the fender gap is much larger so any difference is less obvious. I'd say pretty much none of us measure everything *before* the drop...

Richard

chevy junkie

Reaction score
Torqued the spring eye and shackle bolts with the vehicle at ride height, so the bushings aren't binding?

Shocks replaced with correct length shorter drop shocks so they aren't bottoming out internally and propping up the ride height?

Furthermore, are you 100% sure it was level before you did the work? Often they aren't, but we don't notice because the fender gap is much larger so any difference is less obvious. I'd say pretty much none of us measure everything *before* the drop...

Richard
Well I probably tighten everything while it was hanging. I used shock extensions. And of course I didn't measure before the drop lol. So I guess I could loosen the bolts on the high side and see if that does anything

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I would jack it back up, support the suspension firmly on stands at equal heights all 4 corners (fronts under control arms, rears under axle), loosen the spring hanger and shackle bolts.. maybe jump on the rear bumper a few times to get some movement going, before re-tightening those bolts. I'd do both sides, not just the high side. If you've still got the regular rubber bushings in there as most people would, you don't want them ripping up because you torqued them down in the wrong position.

Richard