Need help locating interior trim piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony Biddle

Reaction score
Hello all, I am somewhat new to this forum but I always find good info here! I recently bought a 1999 (obs) k2500 single cab long bed with dark blue interior and I am fixing up all the little issues. One thing I can’t seem to track down is the interior trim piece that holds the headliner/ dome light, above the rear window. Previous owner broke it while replacing speakers. I checked all over the web and local junkyards with no luck. I attached a photo of said piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You must be registered for see images attach

DetroitWelder

Reaction score
Hello all, I am somewhat new to this forum but I always find good info here! I recently bought a 1999 (obs) k2500 single cab long bed with dark blue interior and I am fixing up all the little issues. One thing I can’t seem to track down is the interior trim piece that holds the headliner/ dome light, above the rear window. Previous owner broke it while replacing speakers. I checked all over the web and local junkyards with no luck. I attached a photo of said piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You must be registered for see images attach
I'll take a look this week at a couple Detroit junk yards. I go on my lunch between service calls. Theres a couple other guys on this forum that have alot of parts and might respond to your post also..

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That piece is commonly broken. Usually not as bad as your's though. (ouch!) Mainly the end tabs get snapped off. From the Ham Fists with no patience not knowing on how to take it out properly.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have the broken piece? If so a plastic welder (HF glorified soldering iron) could tack it back together and/or a glue made from a scrap of the same plastic melted in Acetone supposedly works pretty well for gluing that kind of plastic. That would at least improve on what you have.

Another good possibility would be to locate the part in another color and buy the plastic paint from LMC which would give a pretty close match to the color. That would up the odds considerably of finding the part.

Last edited:

Tony Biddle

Reaction score
Do you have the broken piece? If so a plastic welder (HF glorified soldering iron) could tack it back together and/or a glue made from a scrap of the same plastic melted in Acetone supposedly works pretty well for gluing that kind of plastic. That would at least improve on what you have.

Another good possibility would be to locate the part in another color and buy the plastic paint from LMC which would give a pretty close match to the color. That would up the odds considerably of finding the part.

unfortunately, I received the truck in this condition, I’m hoping to find a parts truck to grab one from

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
unfortunately, I received the truck in this condition, I’m hoping to find a parts truck to grab one from

That will be your best bet and if you can't find the color the LMC paint will likely come pretty close. There is a thread in the "interior" section that gives the order for pulling this part which is really easy to break (as you know). You have to start at the bottom by the seatbelt base and there are several steps .

Another thing to make SURE of is replace any rear speakers you want to improve before the high trim package goes in. It is a genuine PITA to have to take the trim out to change a speaker.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
I'll take a look this week at a couple Detroit junk yards. I go on my lunch between service calls. Theres a couple other guys on this forum that have alot of parts and might respond to your post also..
I thought I was the only guy who poked around auto salvage yards during my lunch break ....

Manimal

Banned
Reaction score
I am heading to the wrecking yard today. I will look for that piece for you.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went through the same search a few months ago. keep a search saved on eBay like “88 98 trim blue”. You’ll get alerts every morning with the new listings. They come up pretty often.