Need Help From Lighting People

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I am wanting to do something like this: (Rectangular driving lights behind the grille)

"Robert B." from FSC (sorry. I keep losing connection with websites)
I have looked but I don't know where to find lights like this. I want them to be functional but I want to smoke them a little to keep them from sticking out so much behind the stock grille. Any help on which lights to get, how to mount them, or smoking lights? Thanks in advance.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Well, you could drill holes in the radiator support for a cross member, and mount some on it. That would make it really easy, since you have pretty much direct access to the battery for a relay harness (that most off-road/driving lights come with), and you would just have to run the wiring to the cab.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I havn't looked at my truck in terms of seeing what's behind the grille. I was thinking of fabbing up some simple brackets to mount them to. Most of the kits I see have them mount on the bottom of the light which would mean they would be long up/down and narrow Lt/Rt... That's how I'm imagining it. I will have a better understanding of what to do when I see it tomarrow. I'm mainly concerned witht he distance between the grille and the radiator.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I havn't looked at my truck in terms of seeing what's behind the grille. I was thinking of fabbing up some simple brackets to mount them to. Most of the kits I see have them mount on the bottom of the light which would mean they would be long up/down and narrow Lt/Rt... That's how I'm imagining it. I will have a better understanding of what to do when I see it tomarrow. I'm mainly concerned witht he distance between the grille and the radiator.

I've had my grille off quite a few times. You have tons of space back there. I think you could actually bolt a cross-member to the "support" that the hood-latch is mounted to. Then you wouldn't have a big ass piece of metal going all the way from headlight-to-headlight. You could cut/fit it as long as you want it, and if you mount it correctly, you would have no problem fitting decent sized lights back there. And if you wanted to, you could convert to HIDs and have no problem finding a place to mount the ballasts. As an added plus, being behind the grille they would be kept cool.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG] perhaps if you want to do something like this so it gives you the option of top or bottom of grill?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG] perhaps if you want to do something like this so it gives you the option of top or bottom of grill?

Sorry. I'm not good with this stuff. What am I looking at here?

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the black oval is the piece that would attach to the light itself then the supports would be a triangle shape with a perpindicular bend that has holes in it that bolt to the support and the whole thing is attached to the oval lol

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
not a very close up pic Scott, but this is what it looks like with no grill. there's tons of space, eventually I'm gonna put some Uber bright lights behind my grill for "**** you" lights :rofl:

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my static android

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Do it! lol. And then make a writeup on how you did it...