Need help deciphering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maddhatter

Reaction score
Bought a mystery...
I bought a 1994 gmc sierra extended cab looks like a lifted 1500..it registered as a 2500...it has a 14 bolt rear end with 6 lug axles..a 305 engine..automatic trans..and step side box...vin number matches title and the rivits have not been bothered...the box has been changed to step side as the p.o said it was a straight side but my confusion is why is it a short box .did gm make a 2500 extended cab short box
Does anybody know whts going on here

Last edited:

Rich-stepside

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few 2500 extended cab short bed gmt400 they were pretty common at one time,around here anyway. Especially in the light duty 2500 (6 lug axles)

Maddhatter

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few 2500 extended cab short bed gmt400 they were pretty common at one time,around here anyway. Especially in the light duty 2500 (6 lug axles)
Wow really,..I have never seen or heard of one..these trucks are very common around here ..most in ny are rotted and broke in half this one is from s.c

Maddhatter

Reaction score
https://www.autoworldofsacramento.com/details/used-1994-chevrolet-ck-2500-series/51936085

I'm bad at figuring out how to post pics but a quick search and i found some for sale the first was the link I posted above at auto world of Sacramento . But there's tons out there
I been searching all day and haven't found anything
https://www.autoworldofsacramento.com/details/used-1994-chevrolet-ck-2500-series/51936085

I'm bad at figuring out how to post pics but a quick search and i found some for sale the first was the link I posted above at auto world of Sacramento . But there's tons
I gess they do exist...I gess I better reevaluate santa Claus...lol..thanx for your help

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM offered a 7200-lb GVWR in that configuration but fleetside only. Here is the spec sheet for 1994.

The 8600-lb required the 350, 454 or diesel.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maddhatter

Reaction score
The p.o said he changed the box to step side cause he liked it better...
I thought I had something someone threw together...thanx for ur help

Are these trucks rare??..or pretty common