NEED HELP ASAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When mine did this it was the passengers switch. It's a little tougher to get at if it doesn't just pop out. 90% of the time, it's one or the other of these switches. I would be a little worried that the override switch in the headlight switch isn't working correctly either. With that activated, the domes should go out after a minute or two and just stay off. Try the passenger door switch first, then suspect the headlight switch if that doesn't make them turn off.

Reaction score
When mine did this it was the passengers switch. It's a little tougher to get at if it doesn't just pop out. 90% of the time, it's one or the other of these switches. I would be a little worried that the override switch in the headlight switch isn't working correctly either. With that activated, the domes should go out after a minute or two and just stay off. Try the passenger door switch first, then suspect the headlight switch if that doesn't make them turn off.

Do you think someone could have done some funky wiring.?

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe, but what you are describing is not an uncommon problem, so I doubt it.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You said the lights are green? Have you verified that they are LEDs or not? LEDs will light up with incredibly small amounts of current compared to incandescent bulbs, so if there's even a little residual current, they'll slightly light up. Had this exact same problem in my old Regal GS with full LED lighting on the interior. They'd never quiiiiite turn off all the way.

Wiresire

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my 96 k1500. I pulled the bulb cause my battery kept goin dead. Years later i decided to replace my third brake light and cargo lights to make them led. The originals never worked because the sockets were shorted out due to rain. After installing the led cargo/brake light I figured id take another stab at the dome light. Voila the dome light worked perfectly. I didnt want to chance luck so i left it alone and never looked back. So i wonder if the dome light and cargo lights are on the same circuit and the shorted sockets were screwin with the dome light.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My newly installed LEDs in the doors "glow" all the time. Not fully on, but sort of glow.....

My driver's door switch was not working prior to the LED install. While toying with the LED install, I jiggled, twisted and plunged the switch a few times and it started working, sporadically. Seems to work now, but the door LEDs now glow.

A new door switch in my future I figure.