Need Help 60/40 seat console info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone ever removed the clip board lid from one of these consoles ? I want to paint the clip board lid due to some chemical spot/discoloration specks it got on it. There is no visible screws, and I am sure it pops apart with plastic tabs but I do not want to go prying on it until I have a little insight. Thanks in advance for any info

You must be registered for see images attach

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone ever removed the clip board lid from one of these consoles ? I want to paint the clip board lid due to some chemical spot/discoloration specks it got on it. There is no visible screws, and I am sure it pops apart with plastic tabs but I do not want to go prying on it until I have a little insight. Thanks in advance for any info

OK, SO i GOT NO ANSWER TO THIS, AND IT IS STILL UNANSWERED ! Sooooo I took my blue painters tape and a credit card and I taped it up and used the credit card to finish stuffing blue tape under the clip board. I taped up console and used card board and towels to place over interior of truck.. I used Charcoal Black Ford color # 134 from Colorbond interior colors, and it matched the black in the instrument bezel perfectly. All is well and it looks good again.. However if any knows how the damn thing comes apart I will enjoy knowing for future events.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't know how to take it apart, but you could go to the junkyard and try it on a seat that's already thrashed, then you don't have to feel bad if you break it.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't know how to take it apart, but you could go to the junkyard and try it on a seat that's already thrashed, then you don't have to feel bad if you break it.
If I am ever at the junkyard and see one I will bring it home. But for now it is a done deal without removing or taking apart. I finished that project yesterday, today it is deck bearings in the lawn tractor, one extreme to the next...... Thanks

Last edited:

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
OK, SO i GOT NO ANSWER TO THIS, AND IT IS STILL UNANSWERED ! Sooooo I took my blue painters tape and a credit card and I taped it up and used the credit card to finish stuffing blue tape under the clip board. I taped up console and used card board and towels to place over interior of truck.. I used Charcoal Black Ford color # 134 from Colorbond interior colors, and it matched the black in the instrument bezel perfectly. All is well and it looks good again.. However if any knows how the damn thing comes apart I will enjoy knowing for future events.

I heard you just grab onto it and yank, use a pry bar etc. Never mind all that creaking and cracking stuff, it will come off OK. :eek: