Need Exhaust Opinions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My current setup is 100% true dual straight pipe. And I live in the city :evillol: But that's not the problem.
I ordered a couple super 10s and I have them now. I want one of three setups but I need to know which one will be best for my truck.

#1: 100% true duals with Super 10s comin out the back.

#2: True dual with X or H pipe, comin out the back Super 10s

#3: True dual until the end of the cab, then Y-pipe into a super 10 and use the stock tailpipe.

I can't decide. But in the meantime I've been pissing off a lot of people within the great city of Saint Paul.

Thanks

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
get a video of the truck im thinking of running straights,Personally i would run a straight through muffler like a magnapack or something like that my buddy had a vortec 350 with 2 1/2 straights with bullets that thing sounded nice.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Using an X or H pipe would be the best route. It's a much better improvement over "true" duals.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
get a video of the truck im thinking of running straights,Personally i would run a straight through muffler like a magnapack or something like that my buddy had a vortec 350 with 2 1/2 straights with bullets that thing sounded nice.

It sounds nice but your gonna get super crappy mileage if you dont have a crossmember.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds nice but your gonna get super crappy mileage if you dont have a crossmember.

Not true, my truck gets the same mileage now with no crossover as it did with stock exhaust....

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not true, my truck gets the same mileage now with no crossover as it did with stock exhaust....

It might be how im driving it. But im gonna pay someone to weld in an H-pipe just so it equalizes out. And I'm gonna put on shorty stacks with the Super 10's.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I run a Cat-back Dual Magnaflow exhaust set up, it's plenty loud but doesn't make people mad. I get pretty decent mileage if I drive it right.

Reaction score
On my 1997 5.7 silverado (pictures to come just joined forum) I ran straight pipes original manifolds and original cats wich give sufficient back pressure no muffler true duels at 45's with 4" stainless tips. Before I got the truck tuned (efi live v2) it really sounded like crap especially when you get on it all these trucks do, they are extremely crackly but after my tune it sounds 100% better, maybe to do with timming but it gave it a much deeper sound. I will upload videos soon

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't exactly sound the greatest and that is a problem. So What I am going to do is one of two things. Either run true dual with "H" pipe and super 10s comin out the back. Or I will run a "Y" pipe and just one super 10. With that second one I will either run a shorty stack or it'll be out the side before the rear wheel.
I think I will run the first option. Quite simply because I already have the two super 10s and it will sound better.