Need advice on my viair 480's.. please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBLOOM33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so my viair 480's are probally 2 yrs old now and the truck was apart for almost a year and half so there isnt a ton of usage on them but they are taking for f'ing ever to fill my 9 gallons.. ive check the filters and they are clean and look good and i also removed the leader hoses from my tank to make sure the plastic inside wasnt crushed.. had my wife turn on the compressors and im barley getting any air coming out of both of them.. my set up didnt have water traps on it when i got it either.. i timed it today and it took 9 min to fill 9 gallons w 2 480's.. any suggestions of what can be wrong cuz i dont think they are shot i feel like has something to do with my leader hose/check valve or something.. any suggestions before i do anything else.. also i havent checked the hose end at the head of the compressor yet.. please help thx guys

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
I've heard of the pressure switches that come with those compressors isn't that good so they can end up running too long and overfilling the tank. But the normal run time for the 2 is around the 7-10 min mark which is what their website says.

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you said there isn't much air coming out is that out of the leader hose or from the compressor head with the leader hose off? Sometimes the check valves go bad.

Reaction score
make sure the head bolts are tight... after a year they seem to work themselves loose.. and like stated already.. check the hoses. the leader hoses are bad about leaking at the check valve and where the crimped ends are that allow the hose to turn/twist. But also like stated, there freaken slow anyways.. Mine take about a good 7-9 min from 0 to 175psi