NBS Front Brake Swap for OBS Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Last edited:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I would like to do this and find out definitively, but its going to be fall before I'm around my truck again.

Edit: Awesome find Great White. That second link has a great write up. Now its got me thinking about swapping out the rear end too.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that the hub carrier is so much thinner than the OBS. For me it probably won't be an issue, as I'm not going to beat on it and the addition of the larger brakes more than compensate for this.

Sent from my GANG GREEN DROiD

Last edited:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
If you have a 2wd just use NBS 2wd spindles, might be different size BJs though.

If you have a 2500/3500 just use NBS 2500/3500 spindles and tell us if the CVs fit. =)

but NBS 2wd is 6 lug, i like my 5 lug wheels.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Would this mod work for non abs 1500 trucks? I would assume so but is there a confirmation?

RUshaved

Reaction score
Great writeup! Any body do this to a 2wd yet? I would even keep the 6 lug, as wheels in 6 lug are easier to find, if the offset doesn't get way out of line because of this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers