My Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993Z71

Reaction score
When i bought it
You must be registered for see images

Current

Has 242,000Kilometers,Runs Strong, Lots of Power.Replaced Plugs To delco platinums,battery to Interstate 900CCA,Cleaned Throttle Body,Painted Grille,Intake Manifold,Flushed Rear Diff,Installed New Dorman 10 Bolt Cover for the aftermarket 4.10 posi,Hooked Up A BT deck and wired it for subs.Very minimal rust,Always taken care of and came with new Territory 265's,Alpine Type S 4x6's in each corner,New Exhaust,Shocks and Fresh Safety.Paid $3300CA(most go for $5000 this age and shape).Sending it in to get the oil cooler lines and Oil Filter Mount/Adapter Internal Gasket Replaced*Very Capable but don't own a heated shop*

Tell Me what you guys think and some cool upgrades i could do,was thinking some DC2 Wheels

Only had two issues that really bother me with the truck recently,Can't figure out why but my tachometer keeps twitching at all gears and speeds,Strictly electrical,And It Constantly Smokes white,Does not burn antifreeze and exhaust is very gassy smelling.Just need some ideas and input obs fans!

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I like the dc2s, and if you like them, go for it. Not a lot of people like them. Does it have cats still in place?

1993Z71

Reaction score
I like the dc2s, and if you like them, go for it. Not a lot of people like them. Does it have cats still in place?
No it doesn't have a cat,Dont think this truck came factory with one.And i want to go with the rims but i might wait and see since its winter and i do alot of gravel road and bush driving,Theyll get destroyed very quick.Next upgrade is dual exhaust,what mufflers you reccomend

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
It should have a cat, and that can cause excessive steam not having one that can at times appear to be white smoke.

Muffler wise, I like them excessively loud. I like a flowmaster super 10 with 4 inch tips or so.

1993Z71

Reaction score
It should have a cat, and that can cause excessive steam not having one that can at times appear to be white smoke.

Muffler wise, I like them excessively loud. I like a flowmaster super 10 with 4 inch tips or so.
Must've been removed then,Oh well its not required here on any truck 1994 or older.Any ideas on the tachometer twitching.If not let anyone you know see this im reallly stumped

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Probably stepper motor issues, but I'm sure someone can chime in with more info.