My truck is leaning instead of raking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd first see about getting your old ones re-arched if they aren't broken, are your springs 4-leaf or 5-leaf? If 5-leaf, get them re-arched, if 4-leaf, grab some 5-leaf ones and have them tested/re-arched then install. No use paying $500-600 for a pair of new springs when re-arched ones will work just fine. If you have a pick-a-part, leafs can usually be had for $50-100 per pair, atleast that's been past experience down here.

What kind of place can rearch them? I don't know where I might go to get that done. Are the 5 leaf ones the same as the 3/4 ton or are they between 1/2 and 3/4?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
As far as I know, the 5-leafs are on the trucks with the towing package and the ones known as heavy halfs. I think the 3/4ton leafs are wider or thicker, but I haven't really compared them side-by-side, so I'll have to do that.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck has the Z88 towing package and it doesn't have the 5 leafs. It's got 3 main leafs and one overload leaf. Does the 5 leaf have 4 and 1 overload or does it have 3 and 2 overloads? I'd hate to make my truck ride rougher being a DD and all. I'm still trying to think of places that would be able to re-arc a set of springs. I'd probably need to find some kind of specialized suspension shop wouldn't I?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well around here, most BIG welding/fabrication shops can do it. The 5-pack has 4 long springs and 1 curved load spring.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Looks about like a 1-2" cali lean as best I can tell.

I'll upload a pic of my yota after we went monster garage and gained 11.5" rear lift with a 2" block and a load leaf flip. I'd never tried it before and figured we'd flip while we were down there....didn't expect it to turn out quite like this though. It rode like a log truck.

attachment.php

Last edited: