my truck build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I mean just because it was shortened by someone other than a shop or the factory doesn't make it anything bad... its very unique and an awesome foundation for a one off build.. Just look it over make everything is safe and secure and then who cares lol

I think its awesome.

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean just because it was shortened by someone other than a shop or the factory doesn't make it anything bad... its very unique and an awesome foundation for a one off build.. Just look it over make everything is safe and secure and then who cares lol

I think its awesome.
It was never an issue for me before lol just pissed I don't have room for a 34 gallon tank now

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Regardless of it being factory or not it looks well done an it's a cool truck so who cares either way....

I'd rock the **** outta that bad boy, especially for $500!!!!

I posted on the FB page... I think its a CCLB bed frame. Look at the frame. If it were an extended cab frame the frame would begin to bend up right where the crew cab body sits. This frame bends up immediately after the crew cab, which tells me its an original crew cab frame that's been shortened to a "super short bed" length.

Super unique, super cool.

Great observation, I see that as well.........now that you said it! :rofl:

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after doing alot of looking this afternoon it appears my frame was shortened and this micro bed was installed. Does it bother me? Of course not. I wouldn't have known otherwise unless yall wouldn't have asked. Still want my damn 34 gallon tank. I'll find a way to make it fit.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Well after doing alot of looking this afternoon it appears my frame was shortened and this micro bed was installed. Does it bother me? Of course not. I wouldn't have known otherwise unless yall wouldn't have asked. Still want my damn 34 gallon tank. I'll find a way to make it fit.

Definitely don't let it bother you, that thing is awesome!!!

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I thought that the end of longbeds were just a hair longer than a shortbed; I could be completely mistaken though.

I don't know, maybe they are but if so it's barely noticeble... does anyone have both a long and short bed truck to compare?

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I think it looks well done and the proportions between cab and bed works so I don't think you should let it bother you. The more I look at the last pic the more I like it :)

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Shortened frame and a micro bed...hmmm. So the wheelbase is going to be shorter than a CCSB from '99 or a 2000, but the overall dimensions of the truck could be the same? Quite the different way of undertaking a truck shortening.

Cool.

So it's getting painted white again, going to lift it or axle swaps and the like or just clean it up and drive it?