My redneck pro tip for brake lights.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of my backup taillights **** the bed and I have trouble backing into my driveway at night. I ordered some led lights for the them and the cargo/brake lights that are all dead. In the meantime I pulled the tail lights and they were dusty inside the lenses. Cleaned/washed the dust out of the housings and swapped a few new bulbs that were in glove box w the old burnt bulbs.I noticed that the gaskets were loose so I swapped them the left/right. Now they are sealed better.....
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, cleaning the years of accumulated dust out of the lenses and off the bulbs can make a big difference in the brightness of the lights.

Vehicles with metal reflectors behind the bulbs can be perked-up by polishing the reflector--or painting it with silver/aluminum spray paint.

Of course, verifying you're getting proper voltage to those bulbs (including making sure the ground side of the circuit is adequate) is another step in the process.