My new truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all!

I just picked her up pretty cheap to be used as a good honest truck for hauling my crap around town. It's a 95 K1500, 5 speed manual, 4x4, with 240k on the clock. Exterior is pretty beat up, but the interior is in pretty good shape for its age. My friends and family had already nick named it the "Blue Turd" lol.

Jokes on them as everything still works, engine pulls hard, and shifts real good!

She needs some work though....

I had already replaced all the hard brake lines and flex lines as they looked super rusted and sketchy. This weekend I plan on changing out all of the fluids, replacing the shocks, and possibly getting a new set of tires.

Future plans include a nicer radio/speakers, a bed liner (does not have one, used to be capped its whole life), a TrueTrac differential, bull bar w/auxiliary lighting, and repairing all of the rust holes in the body.

I decided to join this forum, as I have already gotten some good information from here while working on the truck so far.

You must be registered for see images attach

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Welcome! Good find. At least your no looking at a transmission rebuild in the near future with the 5 speed.

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! Good find. At least your no looking at a transmission rebuild in the near future with the 5 speed.
Yep thats why I specifically wanted a manual. Not only is it more fun, it will last almost forever with proper fluid changes.

Plus no one will ever ask to borrow my truck! :driver:

roughead

Reaction score
Nice clean truck you have there. Welcome aboard to the forums.