My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Wow low mileage!!! And look at those seats!!! Like new still looks like a great find!
Thanks! Currently she's sitting at 158k some odd miles, and in fairly good shape. Although her paint is starting to suffer the curse of GM white.
As for the driver's seat, it's been recovered, in vinyl, and no longer has the seat heater. So my goal is to find an intact(ish) driver's seat with the heater and recover it properly to drop in. If I can ever freaking find one that's not obliterated.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I didn’t realize that this thread was 35 pages lol but WHATD you pay for and when? At height of used car marke ups or you stole it away as lots of people undervalue 400 generation vs 800/900’s which is good but bad since they offer so much versatility easy usability and need very few upgrades to make them look way way kool/modernized wheels tint add/delete of bumpers cladding and then just update audio system and boom!! Totally transformed! But more n more people want only the most newest of everything to see value in a slightly older vehicle that has proven utility because it don’t have backup cameras or screens blasted throughout it or terrain switch options because actually driving and paying attention along with proper throttle control is inconceivable to actually do!! Lol just drove last 2-3 days in ICE storm weather in 2wd not once needed auto 4x4 or 4x4!! But good looking ride an I had to have the 50/50 split vs barn doors it’s nice to have a roof over you while out shopping when snow/raining!
You must be registered for see images attach

Dravec

Reaction score
I didn’t realize that this thread was 35 pages lol but WHATD you pay for and when? At height of used car marke ups or you stole it away as lots of people undervalue 400 generation vs 800/900’s which is good but bad since they offer so much versatility easy usability and need very few upgrades to make them look way way kool/modernized wheels tint add/delete of bumpers cladding and then just update audio system and boom!! Totally transformed! But more n more people want only the most newest of everything to see value in a slightly older vehicle that has proven utility because it don’t have backup cameras or screens blasted throughout it or terrain switch options because actually driving and paying attention along with proper throttle control is inconceivable to actually do!! Lol just drove last 2-3 days in ICE storm weather in 2wd not once needed auto 4x4 or 4x4!! But good looking ride an I had to have the 50/50 split vs barn doors it’s nice to have a roof over you while out shopping when snow/raining!
I think I paid right at $9k for her, February of '20 I think it was. I thought it was a lot then, but she ran great and everything but the driver's heated seat and the rear washer.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Not bad since a few YouTubers have paid close or more and sold for more with older model years!! And a couple were 2wd vs 4wd and it looks super clean and a 20+ year old vehicle is to have a couple things are simple enough to fix but also not worth it to seller to fix lol but she does look good!

Dravec

Reaction score
Anyone know how many threads you realistically need on a harmonic balancer bolt? I have an ARP, but it's a half inch shorter than the stock bolt. And if that won't work, is the original bolt reusable? I'm hoping to have this bolted down today. Also, anyone know the bolt torque for the factory bolt?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Anyone know how many threads you realistically need on a harmonic balancer bolt? I have an ARP, but it's a half inch shorter than the stock bolt. And if that won't work, is the original bolt reusable? I'm hoping to have this bolted down today. Also, anyone know the bolt torque for the factory bolt?
My '99 factory shop manual says crankshaft balancer bolt on a Vortec 7.4 is 110 lb/ft. Page 6-438/439 have engine torque specs.
Also says the curved part of the washer on that bolt, needs to face AWAY from the engine block. Does not say to replace bolt when removed, with a new bolt. So if the threads are good on it, clean it well and reuse it, is what I would do.

Dravec

Reaction score
My '99 factory shop manual says crankshaft balancer bolt on a Vortec 7.4 is 110 lb/ft. Page 6-438/439 have engine torque specs.
Awesome. Now if I knew if I could get away with the ARP bolt or not. I'm really hesitant to use it due to how much shorter it is. I think it only has between 3 and 5 full threads of engagement when it runs down, and I figure that's probably not enough....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Awesome. Now if I knew if I could get away with the ARP bolt or not. I'm really hesitant to use it due to how much shorter it is. I think it only has between 3 and 5 full threads of engagement when it runs down, and I figure that's probably not enough....
No, I don't think so either. For something that could realistically do a LOT of damage if it comes off, I want as many threads as possible!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
No, I don't think so either. For something that could realistically do a LOT of damage if it comes off, I want as many threads as possible!
Here's the pertinent pages on R&R from the manual.

Attachments

• IMG_20230302_152723455_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230302_152723455_HDR.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230302_152735568_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230302_152735568_HDR.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 7