My exhaust build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to summit or something of the type of 02 extensions i need. None are coming up when I search by my make and model (1996 5.7 liter).

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
OK...got the whole exhaust welded up and installe with a friend on Friday night. I need to order one 02 extendor and also need to take of the passenger side header since there is an exhaust leak. I used those percy's seal 4 good gaskets and tried twice to get it to see but it wont. So I am going to go with the different material ones by Fel-Pro in hopes that they will see.

I will keep you updated and post pics later this week. It turned out really good and my friend does some of the cleanest welding around. Everything is tig....

Did you check the header flange for true-ness, it could possibly be that the flange is a slight warped.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope not because I am about out of energy with this exhaust project...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Warped flanges aren't an uncommon issue, especially in today's world. Things just aren't made like they used to be(tolerances aren't as tight to be specific).

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I swapped some gaskets out and you know what...the ones included with the Hookers sealed right up. The Percey's and the Fel-Pro's I tried do not have a lot material in some places....the ones included do. Beleive it or not, I would recommend to anyone to use the gaskets supplied!

I will get pics later this week...I am going on a trip in a couple days so I will have to see when I have time.

Anyway, it turned out GREAT. The truck feels stronger. It also feels like it uses less effort to get to cruising speed and to run around 70 on the highway...less effort.

Now I just need to coordinate a blackbear tune to really wake this baby up.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope those gaskets last.......

They are doing better than the Percey's and FelPro's so I have no complaints. Besides...they take all of ten minutes to change...I got good at it after this weekend.