My documented TBI-to-Vortec 350 conversion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Cool, I'll check it out. I just remember the AC compressor being a PITA and the bolts being a PITA to reach, but that was before we were smart enough to take the shroud off. Lol.

:lol: yes, shroud has to be gone. ill go take some pictures right now fro you

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
passenger side, two bolts in this area, one down by the fuel pump boss here.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drivers side, one in this pocket

One behind power steering pump

and one i couldnt get pick of, sorta on the bottom od the bracket below the power steering pump.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Got more done today. Exhaust manifolds, accessory brackets, valve covers, and A/C compressor are on. Everything looks super rigged but as long as she's running it should be okay, and I'll work on getting the proper parts on it over the next few weeks. Want to get headers first off, then a bunch of other small stuff.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Scratch that, few more hours worth of wrench time max. Ran all the wiring, hooked everything up.

At this point, all i need is a few bolts and screws from a junked OBS, and some hoses and adapters for the heater core and brake booster, bolt down the throttle bracket, ignition coil, cap, plug wires, and other small stuff, and fuel pump. She'll be done monday night after work.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Still VERY messy, parts and tools all over the place, but almost done. Accessory brackets and PS pulley were the hardest parts, took three dumbass teenagers and a ton of tools to finally figure it out. Josh has been a huge help as well!

You must be registered for see images

This is gonna be fun. I'm looking forward to the IROC fuel pump as well, already raised the fuel pressure at the regulator quite a bit in anticipation. :cool:

Also, just learned about this. SOOO cool.

You must be registered for see images

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score