My Big Green '95 ECSB build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, someone texted me about this engine. Has ~200k on it, ran good. Guy says he'll take $200 for it, was originally asking $350. So I think I'll do that. And then I found a wiring harness for $100 and ECU for $20 on car-part.com, so I'm now sitting at cheaper than before.

You must be registered for see images attach

Otherwise I have a guy who has an '05 5.3 with 135k for $500 but I really don't want to deal with electronic throttle at all.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing big has happened yet due to some tight finances but I did get my other wheels mounted! So here are some pictures because I love taking pictures haha

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my clutch pedal installed, wasn't nearly as much of a pain as everyone makes it out to be, took about an hour and a half or so. Waiting until the tranny install happens to drill the hole for the master cylinder, install the MC and cut down my brake pedal. But the '89 clutch pedal fit perfect in the '95! And I'm picking up a different 5LM60 for $100, it was rebuilt in '04 and the truck was totalled in '06 so it has low miles on it! Gonna get the swap done as soon as I can!

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have progressed a lot on this project, I plan on doing the same when I get my hands on a nice ECLB 2500, I Don't want to to sound mean or anything but your clutch pedal looks a little close to your brake pedal, I have a 95 ecsb 4x4 5 speed I took a pic of my pedal set up to compare, I am aware it's a little too late tho, and I'm not saying it won't work it will just is a little close, may also be because the automatic brake pedal is larger or optical illusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took that picture at a slight angle and also the fact that I still have the wide automatic brake pedal makes it look close. In all reality it's right where it needs to be!

white_trash88

Im too drunk to taste that chicken
Reaction score
I took that picture at a slight angle and also the fact that I still have the wide automatic brake pedal makes it look close. In all reality it's right where it needs to be!

You could always cut the automatic brake pedal and put a manual cap on it

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a type of dimple in the wall you punch through to mount the clutch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, both holes are dimpled along with the center hole for the master cylinder. There's a threaded hole and a stud sticking out for the part that mounts under the dash too