Return of the big green limousine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 heavychevy

Reaction score
Trying to get this 97 c3500 going again. Tore it down about two years ago, expecting to fine something terribly wrong with it the way it was running. Didn't find much wrong so jumped the gun on pulling heads to inspect. In my defense had a crappy compression tester that led me down that path. The more I read up on here, the more I believe it was bad injectors the whole time, but like I said it sat for 2 years, so may have more issues now. Have head gaskets set and injectors from southbayfuelinjectors on the way. Working on deleting EGR mostly because I'm tired of working around it. Also have parts for 0411 swap and e-fans once everything else is buttoned up and working.
You must be registered for see images attach

97 heavychevy

Reaction score
Didn't have much luck searching for EGR delete info on here, most PN's are discontinued. Had a bright idea and sent one of the fittings off to a hose shop. Should work and costs $6 and some change. Will still make a plate to block EGR valve itself eventually.

97 heavychevy

Reaction score
Oh, trucks running again! Put about 3k miles on it, so far so good. Itching to mess with the lighting. I have not found any aftermarket headlights for my truck I really like, so looking into converting to 88-89 separate sealed beam set up and run the same headlights I'm running in my trans am.

Attachments

• IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    381.8 KB · Views: 7