Collapsed Lifters 95 GenV Big Block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it look like this block was machined for a roller cam & lifters? I see four holes that have threads for the lifter spider and flat surfaces for the dog bones...puzzling.
The 880 blocks had everything for a roller cam, but often had a flat tappet cam installed at the factory. The 880 block I have in WCJr was flat tappet. I bolted the Vortec parts right in place and run a Lunati cam.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
The 880 blocks had everything for a roller cam, but often had a flat tappet cam installed at the factory. The 880 block I have in WCJr was flat tappet. I bolted the Vortec parts right in place and run a Lunati cam.
I wish I had the $ to do what you did :(

grampadirt

Reaction score
Found a new problem....decided to check the distributor a little,tried to spin the shaft from the gear end and could barely spin it.Something is definitely wrong here,shouldn't it spin freely?Gotta investigate this,the gear looks fine though.

grampadirt

Reaction score
Ordered new lifters,valve springs & assembly lube from Summit today.Got the necessary gaskets also from a local warehouse where I used to work,now just have to wait for the delivery man so I can get this thing back together.

grampadirt

Reaction score
Update:
Got the intake manifold installed & torqued,primed the oiling system,installed the distributor and set to #1 cylinder.Tomorrow gonna install all the sensors & their brackets and hopefully fire it up for the first time in two(?) months....(crossing my fingers :))

grampadirt

Reaction score
WooHoo!!!!! Got it fired up today!!! Took a little while to get the timing right but when we did it ran great!! Didn't run it long cuz we haven't broken in the new lifters yet,that comes Sunday(got stuff to do tomorrow).All that's left is to install the alternator,fan,belt and shroud.Guess I should add coolant too,LOL! I'm a very happy camper now :)

grampadirt

Reaction score
Did the new lifter break in today,ran the engine @2,000 rpm(+or-300-400) for twenty minutes,then let it settle down to a nice idle.Seems to run nice & smooth with no lifter noise.So tomorrow I'll change the oil again to my regular 10W-30 Castrol Conventional.GOT MY BURB BACK!!! Time will tell if the new lifters will play nice with the existing cam,fingers crossed.