My Big Green '95 ECSB build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here since I went from having a couple GMT400's to dailying a '78 Sierra Grande, and then an '04 Z71. Now I've sold the '04 because I found and bought the love of my life. Here are some pictures:

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry the pictures are kind of big!

So it's got a Rough Country 6" lift in it
It's incredibly clean rust-wise
Clean interior.
Is a Waldoch edition truck, though thankfully the wood interior trim pieces have been removed. Has a power rear window.
146k miles on it.
Dick Cepek DC-2 16x10 -25mm with General Grabber AT2 in 285/75R16 at the moment.
Previous owner said the previous...previous...owner put a mildly built 4L60E in it. Can't confirm 100% but I can say this thing shifts like a brand new truck.

Plans:

• 350 in it is getting tired so relatively soon I'll be gathering parts for a 5.3 or 6.0 swap...could use some input on which one to go with!
  • Replacing the shocks with a set of Bilstein's soon
  • Keep the tow mirrors or go back to stock? I have the stock ones but I'm not sure whether to put them back on or keep the tow mirrors on it...
  • Selling the wheels/tires on it now (Never liked DC-2's and these tires are like new yet the worst tire I've ever had in the rain....) getting some 35x12.5x15 Courser MXT's to put on the 15x11" wagon wheels I've got in my garage:

Still coming up with ideas to do to it, just got it so I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it now!

Any and all comments/ideas/criticism is appreciated :)

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Looks good! Congrats on the purchase. And yes, I never liked those wheels either, but should make for a quick sale. I'm the same way with the tows, put the original back on and it will look sleeker. Just my opinion, it's your truck after all.

I like you plans, But one of the first things to do is color match the grille. That color with the flat black grille isn't appealing.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good! Congrats on the purchase. And yes, I never liked those wheels either, but should make for a quick sale. I'm the same way with the tows, put the original back on and it will look sleeker. Just my opinion, it's your truck after all.

I like you plans, But one of the first things to do is color match the grille. That color with the flat black grille isn't appealing.
Thanks for the input, I'm considering going back to stock mirrors for sure.

I got my tires ordered today. 33x12.50x15 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, should be on the truck Friday morning. Selling the current wheels and tires Friday evening. I wasn't sure what to do with the chipped paint on the wagons so I just wire wheeled them, cleaned off dirt and dust, and sprayed em with some Krylon paint and primer cans. Should turn out okay. Don't have to be perfect but better than before. I'll powder coat them someday!

Elliott

Reaction score
If you do decide to revert back to stock mirrors, throw a thread in the wanted section. I'm sure they'll go quickly, they're a hot commodity!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my wheels and tires on today!

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't don't much lately to it, still saving up for a 5.3 swap. Found one in a junkyard about an hour away with 160k on it for $400 though on car-part.com...

In the meanwhile, here are some pictures :)

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love the wide stance it has now, how do you like the mastercrafts?

Great looking truck btw

Thanks! I like them a lot so far, I haven't had a chance to take it off road to really test them out but the road noise is almost unnoticeable (especially with exhaust and radio) and the price was right! I got all four 33x12.50x15's for $816 installed so we'll see how they do for me!

Unfortunately, those wagon wheels I got for $50 wouldn't balance correctly for my mechanic. They're 15x10 with -51mm offset (3.5" backspacing). I'm thinking of getting a set of Bart Super Trucker wheels that are 15x12" with -64mm offset (4" backspacing) here:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/clm-413-5206

Only concern I have is putting 33x12.50" wide tires on a 12" wide wheel. But I think they'd look sick on it.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Thanks! I like them a lot so far, I haven't had a chance to take it off road to really test them out but the road noise is almost unnoticeable (especially with exhaust and radio) and the price was right! I got all four 33x12.50x15's for $816 installed so we'll see how they do for me!

Unfortunately, those wagon wheels I got for $50 wouldn't balance correctly for my mechanic. They're 15x10 with -51mm offset (3.5" backspacing). I'm thinking of getting a set of Bart Super Trucker wheels that are 15x12" with -64mm offset (4" backspacing) here:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/clm-413-5206

Only concern I have is putting 33x12.50" wide tires on a 12" wide wheel. But I think they'd look sick on it.

It'll probably fill the tire out good