My 99 Yukon Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Very well done. Sub'd for updates.

Nice tractor!

Sent from the Green Mile

Last edited:

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Wanna write a how to on those led accent lights? Thats a great idea. I find the front area a PITA at night when im trying to reach for something in one of the compartments and would like to put one in the dash above that area to illuminate it. I also think the 98-02 Camaros use one of these too to illuminate the window/lock switches

Sure I'd be glad to. Maybe this weekend if I get a chance.

Nice! Got a link to them clear signals?

I'm fairly certain these are the same ones. I Just got em from eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-CLEA...ies&fits=Make:GMC&hash=item2c77cee352&vxp=mtr

Very well done. Sub'd for updates.

Nice tractor!

Sent from the Green Mile

Thanks! Really digging your truck! If I could find a low mileage CCSB 4x4 like that, I'd just about take it over my NNBS.

Scored a diesel bumper off Craigslist also. The guy has two SMOOTHIE diesel bumpers! I'm going to pick one up Saturday. I'm gonna mount it as-is for now, but I may have to take it to work and blast it so I can paint it white.. Not sure yet!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
should have grabbed the roof rack as well from the denali ;) i think they look much nicer than stock racks! grab the brackets and bolts and it will bolt right onto your hoe

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
should have grabbed the roof rack as well from the denali ;) i think they look much nicer than stock racks! grab the brackets and bolts and it will bolt right onto your hoe

Funny you should mention that... I am thinking about going back Friday and snagging the roof rack as well.

Doubt I'll get around to doing all this over the weekend, I'm headed to Austin unfortunately... But maybe next weekend I'd like to have my diesel bumper blasted/painted, (maybe) have the Escalade roof rack and painted by then, and I'm torn whether or not I should de-mold it or not. I'm thinking if I'm going all white with everything, it may fit the look. I'm also not sure if I'll keep the brush guard with a white bumper.

EDIT:

Just called. They still have both roof racks.... They want $30 without a core. Looks like I'll be picking up an Escalade roof rack on Friday!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
hell grab em both ;) get all the bolts, brackets and caps. ive sold them on ebay for 100bucks plus shipping which is normally like 38bucks or so back then. take them apart and bubble wrap the ends and wrap them in cardboard and ship em that way :) its all about buying parts for your truck and also selling extra parts for profit that will pay for the parts you bought for personal use ;)
at least thats what i try to do!
and by any chance did the other denali/escalade center console have the rear cup holder door? thats the only part i need. dont care about color and dont care if its broke or not. ;)

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
hell grab em both ;) get all the bolts, brackets and caps. ive sold them on ebay for 100bucks plus shipping which is normally like 38bucks or so back then. take them apart and bubble wrap the ends and wrap them in cardboard and ship em that way :) its all about buying parts for your truck and also selling extra parts for profit that will pay for the parts you bought for personal use ;)
and by any chance did the other denali/escalade center console have the rear cup holder door? thats the only part i need. dont care about color and dont care if its broke or not. ;)

I just bought a cup holder door off ebay. I bought one off CL without one (long story), and I just got REALLY lucky finding just the cup holder on ebay.

I also have an Esky roof rack that I've prepped for paint, just need to get the base/clear and shoot it. I like what you've done with the truck. I'm also making my own fog light brackets from a steel bar I got from Lowe's, and I can get you pics and measurements when I'm done, if you want.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Afraid both of em were broke off and missing :( I'd take one even if it was broke also just to fill the gap if I didn't feel like repairing it!

I just bought a cup holder door off ebay. I bought one off CL without one (long story), and I just got REALLY lucky finding just the cup holder on ebay.

I also have an Esky roof rack that I've prepped for paint, just need to get the base/clear and shoot it. I like what you've done with the truck. I'm also making my own fog light brackets from a steel bar I got from Lowe's, and I can get you pics and measurements when I'm done, if you want.

That'd be awesome, thanks! Hopefully I have time to pick up my diesel bumper before I head to Austin on Saturday.