My 98.5 Unicorn...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found this gem a few months ago and I'm in love. I call it a Unicorn cause it's in pretty good shape and very low miles......
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made 18.2mpg driving it home from salisbury nc. down I85 to 64 though Asheboro with lots of big hills.Had the cruise on 60/65 and it only down shifted once, on the big hill just west of Asheboro.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am very jealous of that truck. I would love to have that exact one, I had that same truck only a 2500 that I lifted and drove for 11 years but I had to sell it. If I could find that truck by me I would trade my 800 for it in a heartbeat. That is an awesome truck congrats and hope you enjoy it!

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Pretty common truck, least around here. Now, if it was a manual, then she'd be more of a unicorn. More so if it was a shortbox regular cab and if it had a two tone paint scheme. I believe those were still available.. in the late 90's

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty common truck, least around here. Now, if it was a manual, then she'd be more of a unicorn. More so if it was a shortbox regular cab and if it had a two tone paint scheme. I believe those were still available.. in the late 90's

I get what your saying and I don't disagree that those are also unicorns, but I cant imagine you see a truck in that good of shape with the low miles and original sticker in your area all the time. Most of the ones I see are used and abused or have tons of miles on them and 3 or 4 owners. Especially being where we are by now most of the trucks are rusted if you drove them at all during the winter.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I get what your saying and I don't disagree that those are also unicorns, but I cant imagine you see a truck in that good of shape with the low miles and original sticker in your area all the time. Most of the ones I see are used and abused or have tons of miles on them and 3 or 4 owners. Especially being where we are by now most of the trucks are rusted if you drove them at all during the winter.
Plus, it's a 99 holdover, not many of those kicking around anymore.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some background of me, my first truck was a 70 ford lb 2wd, 302 3 on tree. Hauled alot of firewood.Then I had a 72 Blazer that was about wore out.The next truck was an 84 toyota 4x4 bought in 85 w a 4" lift and 33s all its life.I still have it though it needs some work.It has been to hell and back many times w 220k

I bought a 98 LS S10 vortek V6 in 2001 w 42k. I still have it w 215k,you can see its reflection in one of the k1500 pics.

I wanted another 4wd truck to tow my boat,the s10 did ok but wanted to overheat w temps in the 80/90 after 30 mins of towing.
The S10 has been spanked for the last 10 yrs at least and just keeps on kickin ass hauling firewood and trash to the dump

I did not want any truck w AFM and didn't want to pay rediculous prices of the newer used gm trucks for sale w close to 200k.
I guess Im old school and wanted another old truck w some comfort too. My brother has 2 used 90s suburbans and currently driving a 2000 Tahoe w the same engine etc. as my truck, hes got 260k and running fine pulling his 21' center console back and forth from the beach 4 or 6 times a year for 3 yrs now.

Last edited:

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love the Yota. My dad had a 93 one. 5 spd, 4wd black scsb with the awesome 90s graphics on the side. It was such a bulletproof truck. I miss the simplicity of trucks back then. It was the perfect combination of modern mechanics with the simplicity of trucks from the 70s/80s.