MY 97 2DR HOE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't done a build thread on my Hoe cuz I've been busy spending money on it. It has come along nicely so far. I'm pleased with the outcome so far, hoping to get it looking sharper. I bought this Tahoe last year and it sat for about 2 months while I raised some funds. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the parts for my drop and to redo my steering. It's sitting at a 3-4 drop right now and maybe after I get it painted I will go 4-6. For now here is some pictures of my project. The first pics are when I first brought home and in dire need of a good cleaning.

You must be registered for see images attach

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After washing it that evening I had to get rid of that old grille and yellow looking parklamps. I sanded and polished the headlight till I bought some new ones. They came out pretty good. I went ahead and installed some 8K HID's to see better and a new front grille. While I was at it I went ahead and replace the rear tails with some LED's.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally decided to debadge it and remove the luggage rack. Big difference in look. Got to install my DJM drop spindles and cut 1/2 a coil off the original springs. Went ahead and redid the whole steering except the gear box. Changed the upper and lower control arm bushings and balljoints. Met this member named 96twodoor and swapped my rear leaf spring pack for his Belltech leaf spring kit. Great guy and tons of useful information and help.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After a long search for some wheels, some BOSS 338's sort of landed on my lap. Craigslist find and I could not pass them up. I really was looking for some chrome or polished but all in all these look great on the HOE. This is basically how its sitting as of now. I've got a grille swap I'm in the process of doing and after that I will try to enjoy it for a while. I have been DD another vehicle to work, but as of last night the HOE will be my DD. Sold my wives Envoy and she will be driving my truck.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought this last piece that will go on in the next week or so. This will be the last update till I get some more funds.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone here that has helped me along the way. I really do appreciate all the help you have give me. To all the new members here, there is alot of knowledgeable and friendly people here.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got it primered and ready for paint. Overall I think it came out pretty good. For someone who doesn't do it for a living.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And finally this is the end result:

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After installing the new to me GMC grill with the insert on the Hoe, I noticed there was a sizeable gap between the fender and the grille on the driver's side. I finally figured out what the problem was. The outside part of the headlamp was hitting the inside part of the mounting area of the top corner light. After grinding off some material I sorta made it work. I'm going in there and grind some more material later for a better fit. These are two sides compared.

Passenger side:

Drivers side:

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally took the plunge and started on my intake gasket replacement. I have been taking my time with this, being my first, and working on it after work. Plus, I don't have much light by the time I get home. I've been getting alot of help from Stroker and some other members on here. I've got it stripped down to the heads and in the process of cleaning parts now. Cleaned the surface are where the intake gaskets mount the best I could. I'm really surprised the motor wasn't leaking much more coolant by the looks of the gaskets. They seem to be the original ones, I might be wrong. The new FELPRO gasket are 200 % better designed. If you haven't changed them you might thinnk of doing it soon. The lower intake where the spider resides is filthy, filthy, filthy. Overall the rocker area, lower block area seem to be nice and clean. I didn't see much coolant residue inside the engine. Hoping this is where my small leak was going into.