my 93 story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cso21

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
been off forum for awhile, back story, my truck parked at work, get hit. after 45days i get $00.00 from bad driver insurance, during that time smack deer, my insurance gives 2400.00 for repair, went on search for parts, end up spending close to 3100.00 for fender, cowl hood, grill, new lights, paint, ect ect. took it part time painter. seen his builds ,does good work.

few months go by and truck gone, painter dies, family has no ideal were it went , report it missing.

family tells bunch lies , no one held accountable, basically i'm out of luck, no insurance

figured it been junked

year later, it's been impounded and police tell me to pick it up, some guy been fixing it up (maybe a relation to painter) but never had title.

wrecker company gives me discount, 125.00 for tow, no impound fee.

had her home for awhile now, changing steering column out, since i don't know how many keys are out their

this is her now,

You must be registered for see images attach

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
been off forum for awhile, back story, my truck parked at work, get hit. after 45days i get $00.00 from bad driver insurance, during that time smack deer, my insurance gives 2400.00 for repair, went on search for parts, end up spending close to 3100.00 for fender, cowl hood, grill, new lights, paint, ect ect. took it part time painter. seen his builds ,does good work.

few months go by and truck gone, painter dies, family has no ideal were it went , report it missing.

family tells bunch lies , no one held accountable, basically i'm out of luck, no insurance

figured it been junked

year later, it's been impounded and police tell me to pick it up, some guy been fixing it up (maybe a relation to painter) but never had title.

wrecker company gives me discount, 125.00 for tow, no impound fee.

had her home for awhile now, changing steering column out, since i don't know how many keys are out their

this is her now,

You must be registered for see images attach
Wow. That's one hell of a story. You don't need to change out the whole column. You can just change the lock cylinder.

cso21

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
tilt wheel part was sloppy, i used pull my self in it by the steering wheel, i'm a old fat boy. i compared my inspection sticker that i got in 3/12/18 and my deer hit insurance adjuster report shown 4/5/18 mileage i put roughly 400 miles on it. i had towed home 2-15-20, she been gone lot longer than i thought, less than 1000 miles been put on it, i been sick over how rough it is, she been rebuilt with old stuff, got hood scoop riveted on, inside trashed, door panel broken, black part some type of bed liner. i let her sit to long and going make her right again, 1st thing get running and moving, will post pics on my progress

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like the Sheriff might be the painter's cousin or someone should go to jail over this . Glad you got it back. How close are you to having it able to run? Agree with the guy that said you need a GPS locator on it in case it goes missing after you fix it up. Looks like it will be a good truck. Mine is a '93 also. Not quite as safe but good to know you don't have to deal with a 27 year old airbag! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.