My 93 Sonoma project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I bought a 93 GMC Sonoma from my grandpa for $700 in November of '09, I was limited on time to get stuff done to it before I left for basic training in April of '10. I still have alot of stuff planned to do to it but can only work on it when I go back to IL on leave. On to pictures...
When I got it
You must be registered for see images attach

It had sideswiped a guardrail on the drivers side so I tore it apart changing panels

Changed the fender, door, bumper, grill, mirrors, and some filler and straightening on the bed, and primered front clip

Removed bed, replaced cab corners, and cab primered

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Put the bed back on and welded the fuel door shut (slightly visible in later pics), welded a Blazer tailgate with frenched license plate and rollpan on

fully primered

Then lowered the rear 3"

When I got back home this fall Im lowering the front 6" and the rear another 4"

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a good build you have going there Danny! If you need any parts I have quite a few blazer parts laying around from a parts truck i bought a few years back! I think once you get er sitting on a nice set of aftermarket wheels, it will look awesome man!! :cheers:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Neat little truck! Ever hear of the GMC Syclone? You could do a Syclone...clone....:evillol:

Thought about it but I had already done all the work to the rear, also its long bed so I wouldnt be able to use the ground effects except the front bumper but as low as I'm dropping it I'm not sure if I would have enough ground clearance with it, also I'm thinkin built 350 instead of putting a turbo on the factory 4.3 vortec

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Looks like a good build you have going there Danny! If you need any parts I have quite a few blazer parts laying around from a parts truck i bought a few years back! I think once you get er sitting on a nice set of aftermarket wheels, it will look awesome man!! :cheers:

As far as OE parts go I think I have about everything replaced, now its all aftermarket parts, and I dont wanna get a good set of aftermarket wheels until I have the truck where I can take the wheels off and put them up for the winter, but I'm wanting to put 18s on it