My 93 GMC Typhoon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is my 93 GMC Typhoon. All stock bought new in 1993 by my mom who daily drove it till about 2008ish. Had completely original factory paint and interior until the house fire which about made it a total loss like my Grand National. I drove this off the carport with it on fire and got it close enough away without it getting destroyed. It has been a labor of love and has been a lot of hassle to get it where it is now. As of now it just needs a headliner the back back carpet, the quarter window plastics, rear upper seat cover, and rear seatbelts and a few other odds and ends and it'll be done hopefully
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Nice resurrection from what must of been a devastating experience.
I'd love to have one!
Is that rear seat cover Typhoon specific?

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice resurrection from what must of been a devastating experience.
I'd love to have one!
Is that rear seat cover Typhoon specific?

Yeah lost pretty much everything with smoke and heat damage the fire only destroyed the kitchen and living room. And the rear seat cover isn't specific but kinda hard to find. If I could find a 93 2 door SLT Jimmy with black interior I'd be set on the cover. The plastics are the same as any s10 blazer, jimmy, ect.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate fires. Had that happen in my uncles garage. we just got done rebuilding his 1000 skidoo engine. If you
Don't know anything about snowmobiles it is considered one of if not the worst engine made by skidoo ever due to it being too electrically controlled. First fire up went fine and we took it across the lake and it died, so we towed it back in. Turned the key on and the thing burst out in a fireball in a knotty pine garage. I have never seen someone move so fast with a neck brace on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate fires. Had that happen in my uncles garage. we just got done rebuilding his 1000 skidoo engine. If you
Don't know anything about snowmobiles it is considered one of if not the worst engine made by skidoo ever due to it being too electrically controlled. First fire up went fine and we took it across the lake and it died, so we towed it back in. Turned the key on and the thing burst out in a fireball in a knotty pine garage. I have never seen someone move so fast with a neck brace on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ooh my house had pine siding and in 5 mins it had nearly burned the whole side

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Washed it and brought it into my garage today and moved the z71 under my metal carport and put it under my car cover. The last time I drove it was to hot rod power tour and I think the walbro fuel pump got hot and after I got it home it fired up. Hoping to get some motivation to work on it.