My '93 Burb and Me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwatt38

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just joined last night, came from r/gmt400 so I wanted to get going over here too. I recently purchased a '93 K1500 Suburban. I will be starting a build thread, it will be a slow build but it will get built. Seems the wording "suburban overlander" is cursed as I cant hardly find finished projects online. So I won't use those words, but I am building a thing to sleep in, haul camera gear, and help me get to places to do some wonderful photography work.

As the beast sits currently it needs lots of little love. Mirrors, lights, steering/suspension work, etc. I don't have a name or even a gender picked out lol for the thing yet. Maybe that will come to me as we go........

Thanks for all future advice as I will be asking a ton of questions.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, from a fellow Texan and Suburban owner. You'll find lots of information here, and helpful people too that love these trucks. My Burb is 2wd so the closest it gets to off road is the occasional muddy parking area. But it does what I need it to, and on the rare occasions it doesn't, I put questions to the forum, and get the answers I need pretty often.