My 88 Silverado. Project- Bag the truck lol.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I hope you guys don't mind me starting a new thread for my bagging process.. I do not feel my original thread is getting viewed much and I figured alot of people may be interested in it so here we go! any comments are appreciated. The notch is what I got done yesterday. The guy did a decent job on it, but it can always be better. Let me know what ya think of his job.
You must be registered for see images attach

my friend's sweet toolbox lol

my friend cutting the bed out.

finally back at home with it!

Thats where I got to last night. I took all the rear wiring and put it inside the notch to clean the look up. I tried running the brake line through it, but it did not happen.. haha Also.. got a few gifts arrive at my house today>:D:D:D

I officially have the COMPLETE KP 6 link for my silverado. lol So stay tuned for the bagging process in the next couple weeks!!! Any comments are welcome.:)

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
me and you are going to have basically the EXACT same setup. BTW.. I tried just cutting the bedfloor out just for the notches to stick through.. did not turn out so well lol.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
awesome but all that grinder and welding near the gas tank that's not covered, very scary IMO.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah i agree. I kinda got pressed for time on the whole thing. I had to drive an hour to get the work done then drive it back home when he got done with it so it was much easier to leave it in there but not safe for sure lol.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will never weld or grind near a tank again without it cover with a wet towel and welding blanket after my accident. 3rd burns on my whole neck, out of work for 2 months.

Don't mean to be Debbie downer, just learn from my $50,000 mistake.

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you got very lucky thats all that happened to you
here last year a shop owner was killed when he was in the middle of changing a fuel pump and the over head heater kicked on and blew the fuel tank
the shop almost burned to the ground, in the picks i had seen the car he was working on was still on the lift

the investigation that was done stated that vapors from the open tank is what cause the explosion

i do know one thing, whenever my dad or i mess with anything related with the fuel tank or near the tank we either have the exhaust fan running or it is covered by a welding blanket