My 88 Daily Driver Restoration RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a great start man! If you want to keep the quad lights when you get Barons harness take a look at the replacement lenses that LMC truck sells for them that upgrades that to 9006 type replacable bulbs and consider getting a front lighting harness from a newer composite light truck to make everything all plug and play. Either that or solder 9006 plugs to your existing harness. The reason i suggest this is because Baron cannot get the proper terminals for the sealed lights.

I'm planning on going back to college so moneys tight and that sucks, I like the lenses but I hate the plastic and price. That's why I like my glass sealed beams, they last me years. I'll be saving up to get the harness and then call him up, hopefully we can work something out.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I moved some grounds under the dash to this self tapping screw.
You must be registered for see images attach

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just what I did but mine was actually for tow hooks :lol:

I was going to put fog lights in there originally, but I ended up buying some tow hooks. I got them on Monday and I'm waiting to put them on. I am gonna paint the frame where they mount to protect it as best I can and I want to paint the tow hooks also to prevent rust. Baby is trustworthy but you never know, long time ago I had to get towed and we ended up damaging my valance. Now with the tow hooks I'll have that comfort that she'll be able to be pulled properly. Just waiting on the weather to calm down so the paint can adhere properly. I'll be sanding lightly first then painting the frame.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't begun with the tow hooks yet or the frame. Weathers been unpredictable with random showers and high humidity. Here's a pic of the hooks, bolts and plates.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

My column shifter is a bit loose when in gear. Anyone have a picture of their shifter? This is on my column under the hood. It looks like there was a bushing there but now there's nothing. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Last edited:

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yesterday I washed the tow hooks with a green scotch-brite to knock off some rust powder and dust, then I started painting the tow hooks. I was going to paint them all Chevy orange but ended up half black half orange. The rear part is going to be black and the hook that sticks past the valance will be orange. I sanded then sprayed the frame with one coat of black engine enamel to prevent rust build up where the tow hooks mount. The tow hooks were sprayed with 3 coats of each color and will be left out in the sun for 7 days to dry. We have a clothes line in the back yard which we never use. I used some thick metal wire to make hangers for the tow hooks and hung them on the clothes line. To avoid damaging the paint I used some nylon tubing on the hangers.

Here's the finished paint job just chilling in the sun:

Last edited:

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Baby on the ramps to make it easier to sand and paint the frame:

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, cant wait to put them on. Damn 7 day cure time lol

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at some 454ss trucks on craigslist for shets n giggles and found a "clone". I fell in love with the valance, I want to do this some day to mine... 454 style fogs with my orange tow hooks.. now all i need is money lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie