My 88 Daily Driver Restoration RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres a picture of my 88 Silverado
You must be registered for see images attach

Shes got an all stock 350 small block with a TH700r transmission, Headman Headers, true dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers and 3 inch turn downs.
It was given to me by my parents as my first vehicle when I was 16. We are the original owners since 88 and its going to stay with me.

Some of the future mods:
Barons 4-hi harness
4 corner mod with led's
Built in Aux-In for iphone
Dual Display Comp/Temp Rear View Mirror
I was thinking about the 4 brake/blinker mod but I might end up saving up to get the clear aftermarket taillights with twist on bulbs.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Looks good. Can't wait to see updates.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My A.I.R pollution pump was disabled and bypassed for over 10 years and the truck still has most of the parts connected. Recently I slowly began removing parts that arent needed under the hood. I started with the air filter housing, there was a rubber hose connecting the housing to the pollution pump so I went ahead and removed it. Since switching to headers I no longer needed the heat riser so I went ahead and removed the flap inside the air tube to allow more airflow. I was left with two holes on my filter housing, instead of leaving the two holes open I took the housing off to work on it.

I cut the pipe off the housing that went to the heat riser since I didnt need it anymore.

I didnt have any scrap steel laying around so I used some scrap aluminum. I cut it to shape and used it to cover up the holes. I read in another forum that they used cereal box as a make shift gasket, when Liz (my wife) saw me walking outside with the cereal box she asked me what I was doing. She was doing laundry while I was explaining what I was going to use the cereal box for and she cut the flaps from the detergent box since its thicker. I used it as a makeshift gasket and placed it between the aluminum and the housing. I drilled some holes and installed them with some rivets.

I used some engine enamel paint to give it a more finished look.

Once installed it didn't look too bad, I'm pretty satisfied with the work done. :)

*I am using the air filter cap upside down cause I'm missing the intake duct (gm15554096) that goes behind the headlights. When I get the duct I'll clean the K&N filter and flip the lid back over*

Heat riser tube cover:

I also went ahead and removed the thin plastic tube that went from the throttle body to the EGR solenoid and pollution pump and installed some vacuum caps I got for free thanks to my Autozone Rewards card. :D

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks 95C1500, It's come a long way from stock. I have most of everything I've done to it on another forum. I'm working on posting everything here lol.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a picture of one of the first few mods I made to the truck back in 99-01'. Tires and rims, and flowmaster with single in dual out only one pipe with one turn down. They were the first things along with some vent shades and bug deflector.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Like it bro, love the mods as well! do i smell a black colormatched grill in the near future? :naughty: