My 454 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will for sure but for starters i want to tune the blacks box so i can learn some basics plus im not adding another layer of potential problems.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ready to order HP Tuners but im hesitant. Im wondering if its really worth it and can i manage to learn it good enough to use it.

Yeetsmyfeets

Reaction score
Ready to order HP Tuners but im hesitant. Im wondering if its really worth it and can i manage to learn it good enough to use it.
Have you tried any of the freeware for tuning? E.g. Tunerpro, Universal Patcher, PCM hammer, LS Droid, etc.

I'd try any of those (or combination thereof) and see how you like it, before dropping any coin on a tuning suite.

I've been using Tunerpro to edit bin files, Universal Patcher to segment swap, and PCM Hammer to read/write to the PCM. It might sound kinda convoluted, compared to an all-in-one tuning suite, but it's really not that time consuming switching between programs.

This is all preliminary to install for me though. So far I've only gotten starter bins put together and written to my 0411, but it's all gone seamlessly. That's my 0.02 anyway.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have looked at my 0411 with the freeware.
I greatly prefer the all in one approach and i prefer to start with my black box ecu and HP Tuners can do that.
At a later date i might migrate to a freeware set of tools but not now.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a HP Tuner tune for a 1998, 7.4, 4l80E with black box ecu they would be willing to send me?

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hptuners has one in their repository(98 or 99, don't remember exactly which one)

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the moment i can not get into the .bin repository and i do have a account with HP Tuners.