My 1997 Chevy Silverado k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wargod500

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and have been looking at all of the post and I like what I have seen. I have had this truck sin 2012 the second semester of college. It has a 350 5.7 Vortec (like most of these trucks do) and 265/75/16 All terrain Nitto Terra Graplers 10 ply. The truck is mostly stock except i put in some Rancho Shocks in the front and some Rancho air shocks in the back. I have installed a remote entry system with remote start (which is nice during the winter) and have since then painted the grill black because the chrome was coming off and I have also put in a spray on bedliner.

This is how the truck looked like when i first bought it for 2,000. I put the Nittos on and gave it a good wax and a tool box.
attachment.php

Here is another picture after going out to the mountains. I made the truck level by tightening the torsion bars in the front.
attachment.php

Did not to much to it after that since i did not have much money and college was getting in my way a lot but I was able to get a tune up on it, cost me around 200. Bought high performance spark plugs, wires and distributor. In 2014 I got this Shell for it for free. It was a Chevy dealership and the guy that owned it did not want it so my uncle called me up and I went and got it. Fits perfectly
attachment.php

Then a month back my transmission when out. The Sun Shell snapped where it usually does in the 4L60e so i bought a HD one called the "Beast". Replaced all of the clutches and did not have to replace the planetary gears, all where good and did not wiggle. So that gave me the chance to repaint the trany and the T-case.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Also put a bedliner in the back.
attachment.php

Painted my front grill black because the Chrome was coming off of it. (there is some wax residue on it since i just waxed it a couple days ago. Got to clean that.)
attachment.php

I have not doen much to the engine department except remove the diffuser on the throttle body. I also had to do the intake manifold because coolant was leaking so that gave me the chance to clean the spider injectors.
attachment.php

I also installed a back up camera that is built into the rear view mirror.

I hope this was not to long, just wanted to show everyone what i have done to my truck since i have had it. I hope i will be able to get some aftermarket parts for it. I was thinking a K&N air filter. I am also going to put some overload springs in the back. I would like to here what upgrades i should do to it in the future. I want to keep my truck as long as i can, it has around 165,000 miles on it but i know i could get a lot more out if it. Thanks and I hope to reply back to you guys.