my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The good news is I have a prospective buyer for all my Daytona Shelby stuff. Car, and NOS and used parts. This is a serious honey hole stash for someone wanting to restore one. I have wanted to divest myself of this for awhile, but never got serious about listing it. I did list it a few times, and people only wanted to cherry pick the hard to find parts, and not take the entire lot. He wants everything. Theres even more and more besides the pix I posted. So finally the right buyer. This will clear out an awful lot of room in my shop, and put some cash in my pocket to move forward with my other projects. He is in process of building a shop. We are looking at an april time frame. It's an awful lot of stuff. When it's gone, I will be adding a couple more 8 foot fluorescent lights to my shop, and have some room for more of my tools and my wash tank.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107-212826_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107-212826_Samsung Internet.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20230107-212819_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107-212819_Samsung Internet.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230107-213023_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107-213023_Samsung Internet.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230107-213442_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107-213442_Samsung Internet.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20230107-213429_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107-213429_Samsung Internet.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know right. I absolutely hate this. I go to work just to get away from it. Sometimes I work late, and go in on my days off just to not be here.
Mate, I feel your pain, been through it all myself. When push came to shove I put my marriage first and showed my daughter the road. It was the hardest decision I ever made but it was the right one. You do your utmost best to raise your kids to be good people but you can't control the outcome, they are ultimately responsible for themselves. Look after your wife, she is the one that will be there with you for the long haul.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mate, I feel your pain, been through it all myself. When push came to shove I put my marriage first and showed my daughter the road. It was the hardest decision I ever made but it was the right one. You do your utmost best to raise your kids to be good people but you can't control the outcome, they are ultimately responsible for themselves. Look after your wife, she is the one that will be there with you for the long haul.
I agree. My wife and I have held pretty strong over this. She is done with this kids shenanigans as well and is ready for her to go. We found out through an informant type source we have that she and her friends got stopped one night and charged as minors in possession. I can only assume alcohol. She never told us, she called her friends dad, and stated he was her uncle. We found out about this from our source. I told my wife to talk to probation officer on monday with this information. Research it using the friends dads name. Supposedly she has a court date that we arent supposed to know about. How shes going to get there is anybodies guess. If I had to guess, she probably lied about her name to the police too. This might be the coffin nail. If not "the coffin nail" maybe one of many to close the gate on this.

I told my wife that this kid at the rate shes going shes gonna end up with one of 5 things or any combination of the 5
1. Knocked up
2. Locked up
3. Beat up
4. Trafficked
5. Dead
She has had 1-3 already, and that leaves the last 2 to make it complete.

She is now trying her hand at identity theft. I had 2 pieces of mail come to my home one was addressed to my younger daughter with the friends dads last name on the envelope. It was a turned down application for $1000 line of credit citing no credit history. The second one was in her boyfriend's name and our address. We dont like the boyfriend, because he is a bad influence. It was also to scam $1000 line of credit from him!! At some point she will perfect this scheme, and scam somebodies identity, get caught, and do 10 years in federal prison for it.

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. My wife and I have held pretty strong over this. She is done with this kids shenanigans as well and is ready for her to go. We found out through an informant type source we have that she and her friends got stopped one night and charged as minors in possession. I can only assume alcohol. She never told us, she called her friends dad, and stated he was her uncle. We found out about this from our source. I told my wife to talk to probation officer on monday with this information. Research it using the friends dads name. Supposedly she has a court date that we arent supposed to k frame now about. How shes going to get there is anybodies guess. If I had to guess, she probably lied about her name to the police too. This might be the coffin nail. If not "the coffin nail" maybe one of many to close the gate on this.

I told my wife that this kid at the rate shes going shes gonna end up with one of 5 things or any combination of the 5
1. Knocked up
2. Locked up
3. Beat up
4. Trafficked
5. Dead
She has had 1-3 already, and that leaves the last 2 to make it complete.

She is now trying her hand at identity theft. I had 2 pieces of mail come to my home one was addressed to my younger daughter with the friends dads last name on the envelope. It was a turned down application for $1000 line of credit citing no credit history. The second one was in her boyfriend's name and our address. We dont like the boyfriend, because he is a bad influence. It was also to scam $1000 line of credit. At some point she will perfect this scheme, and scam somebodies identity, get caught, and do 10 years in federal prison for it.
It's tough seeing your own kids falling down a dark hole but ultimately it's their own choice. All you can do is be there for them when they finally wake up and ask for help. Our daughter got knocked up and we have have been raising our 7 year old Grandson for the whole 7 years. It took 5 years and $80,000 in lawyer fees to get custody but it was worth it to see him not be dragged down by his Mums actions and choices. Hang in there my friend, you're not alone.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's tough seeing your own kids falling down a dark hole but ultimately it's their own choice. All you can do is be there for them when they finally wake up and ask for help. Our daughter got knocked up and we have have been raising our 7 year old Grandson for the whole 7 years. It took 5 years and $80,000 in lawyer fees to get custody but it was worth it to see him not be dragged down by his Mums actions and choices. Hang in there my friend, you're not alone.

Wife already said we are not raising our grand kids. That's not even an option. We did and are doing our job raising our kids. I told her get this kid on Norplant or Depo Provera because both of those last at least 3 years. Maybe her dumb ass will wise up by then. Apparently now that shes 16, almost 17 according to the state she can make some of her own medical decisions. Again I swear this is so ass backwards. This kid is a minor, is on meds but doesnt take them like shes supposed to, and the pediatrician is supposed to take this kids word for it that shes going to take birth control pills one per day. Ummm yeah riiiight she will. That's how she got knocked up the first time. I told my wife to make her carry it to term then give it up for adoption. Wife instead took her to colorado for an abortion. I was like, I dont agree with it, but since she is my step kid, I cannot legally say anything. This is on you, I cannot help you do this. Do not ask me for money to get you there. I got enough bad $hit in my book of life, I will not add murder of the unborn to it. I told her that's something the both of you will have to deal with.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our oldest rebelled and dropped out of high school two months shy of graduation to party and live with his friends. Fortunately his mom kicked his butt and insisted he go back and finish out high school, and he did. Within six months he figured out his circle of friends were mostly mooches and dirtbags. He got in trouble and spent a weekend in the county jail - he knew I was going TDY and waited until I left town to call my wife. After a while he realized that when you act like a hooligan and the police arrest you, the justice system doesn't give you a second chance like momma does. He worked hard and got back on the straight and narrow and is a shift manager at the local Party City. He's taking care of his disabled birth-father now, and his half-brother isn't able to hold down a job. He's having to adult for all three of them, and he's struggling, but keeping it together. If he ever has kids, God help them, they aren't going to get away with anything. He's already declared his intention to maintain discipline.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the latest and greatest. The impala is now in the auto body shop. It sickens me to see it dissassembled. This kid is still doing her "nocturnal adventures" as I call it. Probation officer acts like she could care less. We tell her about this, and that its almost every night. She says they dont care unless she commits a crime. This kid didnt even show for her last probation visit. My wife told her when it was. She didnt come home from her "nocturnal adventure" to go. So we find out her friends dad filed a report and is pressing charges because she apparently she somehow got ahold of his banking info and attempted to transfer $320 out of his account into her cash app acct. The bank caught it, and it never happened, oh and she got stopped as a minor in possession, and they let her go lol, told her to appear in court. I swear this kid is made of effing teflon. Wife is going to tell probation officer about the attempted theft of cash along with police report and charges filed. P.O. knows about the minor in possession charge from 2 weeks ago. Fat lot of good any of this does. I think these cops just exist to collect a paycheck. They got a heartbeat and a badge.

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the latest and greatest. The impala is in the auto body shop. This kid is still doing her "nocturnal adventures" as I call it. Probation officer could care less. We tell her about this, she says they dont care unless she commits s crime. This kid didnt even show for her last probation visit. My wife told her when it was. She didnt come home from her "adventure" to go. So we find out her friends dad filed a report and is pressing charges because she apparently she somehow got ahold of his banking info and attempted to transfer $320 out of his account into her cash app acct. The bank caught it, and it never happened, oh and she got stopped as a minor in possession, and they let her go lol, told her to appear in court. I swear this kid is made of effing teflon. Wife is going to tell probation officer about the attempted theft of cash. P.O. knows about the minor in possession charge from 2 weeks ago. Fat lot of good any of this does.
Unfortunately, as long as there are no real consequences there will be no change in attitudes. As parents our hands are tied and the courts are overwhelmed so any kid that has the wrong attitude can get away with damn near anything. As hard as it is to admit, sometimes a hard fall is the best solution, in that a short time in custody can open their eyes to their impending future if they don't track. A freind of mine got arrested when we were young and it was on a Friday night. He called his Dad to come and bail him out and he did, but not until Monday morning. My friend said it was the scariest experience he had and was determined he wasn't going back. It doesn't work for everyone but if they are just pushing their luck a big wake up call may push them back in line.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as long as there are no real consequences there will be no change in attitudes. As parents our hands are tied and the courts are overwhelmed so any kid that has the wrong attitude can get away with damn near anything. As hard as it is to admit, sometimes a hard fall is the best solution, in that a short time in custody can open their eyes to their impending future if they don't track. A freind of mine got arrested when we were young and it was on a Friday night. He called his Dad to come and bail him out and he did, but not until Monday morning. My friend said it was the scariest experience he had and was determined he wasn't going back. It doesn't work for everyone but if they are just pushing their luck a big wake up call may push them back in line.
Well she was in there for 4-5 days when I had her arrested for wrecking my wifes car. That was in january. It didnt change a thing. I'm wondering if they are holding off until shes 17. The probation officer stated in less than a month she will be 17. That's true in 14 days she will be 17. In texas that's a game changer. Maybe they are just recording this and letting her dig her own hole. The attempted theft from somebodies account is alarming. She is honing her craft. At some point shes gonna pull it off. And since they are not giving her any repercussions for her actions, shes like a runaway train with burned out brakes.