my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But hey, on the bright side when the black cloud is lifted, and I can get out of this funk they call depression over all this, I will get back into doing my projects. Right now I dont find any enjoyment in any of it. I do have big plans for my GMT though. Been fine tuning what i want to do with it, and collecting up parts. Since that's the short term project, I am thinking about tackling it first.
Caught up on this thread, sorry to see where things have headed. Keep your head up man. I totally understand losing motivation on projects when life get in the way. You’ll get your stride back when it feels right.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Caught up on this thread, sorry to see where things have headed. Keep your head up man. I totally understand losing motivation on projects when life get in the way. You’ll get your stride back when it feels right.
Thanks . I figure it will work out. Problem is every weekend I do the stuff I have to do, then I chuck the rest of my weekend into the "f#ck it bucket". I think today I'm going to go out to the shop alone, put on some of my old country music on, and possibly start on the reassembly of a narrowed truck 8.8 I have had apart for about 3 years lol. Project car has been up on jack stands without a decent rear under it for that long. Maybe I will make a little bit of progress today.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But hey, on the bright side when the black cloud is lifted, and I can get out of this funk they call depression over all this, I will get back into doing my projects. Right now I dont find any enjoyment in any of it. I do have big plans for my GMT though. Been fine tuning what i want to do with it, and collecting up parts. Since that's the short term project, I am thinking about tackling it first.
You're on the right track. You raise your kids until they're adults, then it's on them. Take care of yourself and your marriage (and your truck ;)). When clouds clear and the sun shines you can get back to living you're life again.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went out there, dug out that axle housing. That was about it. Wasnt feeling it. Went back inside. Maybe next weekend, or the weekend after that. With what I deal with nowadays I do not wonder anymore going WTF when I read in magazines about people that pass away from old age with stuff like this dissassembled and forgotten about for years and even decades covered in dust behind a shop door. Maybe some of them were dealing with the same or similar things

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So she went to see probation officer yesterday. She actually showed up this time. Even with all the B.S. this go around, they still let her go !!! Unbelievable. Any small shred of respect I had left for APD and their juvenile justice dept is gone. Them Aholes do the minimum on my tax dollars to collect a paycheck. Absolute B.S. So last night at about 9:30pm she left again on one of her nocturnal adventures.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I think some of it is negligence, but I'd bet some of it is related to "not enough people to go around" which leads to "the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing". We've just had a case in Houston, where an A H had threatened his 2 year old daughter and her mother, who had already gotten out of the relationship that produced that child, in front of witnesses repeatedly,since their breakup. This jerk went to the kid's daycare, raised a ruckus, took the child, went to the mother's job(a busy Walmart on the Northside of Houston) and threatened mother and daughter again, then left when the cops showed up, leading them on a chase of several miles--without buckling his daughter into her kid seat-- and then proceeded to beat the c**p out of his daughter and strangle her while the cops and SWAT are trying to get him to surrender. She was pronounced DOA at the hospital after being LifeFlighted. Hopefully this******* gets what's coming to him in jail....he had the bread or credit for a new tricked out Camaro though....
Apparently no one could do anything like lock him up for some of these prior offenses with the mother and daughter, but he was out on probation for another offense when this happened yesterday.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think some of it is negligence, but I'd bet some of it is related to "not enough people to go around" which leads to "the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing". We've just had a case in Houston, where an A H had threatened his 2 year old daughter and her mother, who had already gotten out of the relationship that produced that child, in front of witnesses repeatedly,since their breakup. This jerk went to the kid's daycare, raised a ruckus, took the child, went to the mother's job(a busy Walmart on the Northside of Houston) and threatened mother and daughter again, then left when the cops showed up, leading them on a chase of several miles--without buckling his daughter into her kid seat-- and then proceeded to beat the c**p out of his daughter and strangle her while the cops and SWAT are trying to get him to surrender. She was pronounced DOA at the hospital after being LifeFlighted. Hopefully this******* gets what's coming to him in jail....he had the bread or credit for a new tricked out Camaro though....
Apparently no one could do anything like lock him up for some of these prior offenses with the mother and daughter, but he was out on probation for another offense when this happened yesterday.
Because they want to sit and collect a paycheck. Nobody wants to do the paperwork. I know this isnt going to bring this child back, but the mother needs to talk to an attorney, and go after the system for this.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I left my ex when my son was 2. Big part was she drank and was taking drugs. 2 things I abhor. For the next year I lived in horror cause I knew my son wasn’t safe, many, many times I would call to say good night to my son, she would have him out late driving drunk. I called Police, filed reports with DSS. They kept telling me I was just an angry Dad trying to get revenge. Many calls, many reports. Got a call one night on a Friday at 11:30 pm. Was her friend who said they were in a car accident, mother was arrested and my son would be staying with her that night. Never met this person ever, never even spoken to her. I said no, I’m coming to get my son, she protested but ef that, I’m coming to get my 3 year old. I called Police to help get directions to her house(no gps then), they had no idea and couldn’t help me. Eventually I got there, woman said he ate too much and had gas. Found him crying, couldn’t walk was in so much pain. Picked him up and drove straight to Emergency Room. They took him right in for a CAT Scan. Doctor came out and said if I hadn’t brought him in, he would’ve been dead by morning as he was bleeding out internally. He had a lacerated liver, lacerated kidney and had a hole in his intestines. This was in NH and they had to put him up in an ambulance and rush him to Boston Childrens Hospital.
Mother was drunk and tested positive for ****** and Percocet and in jail.
Next week was rough, had to have a meeting with Police, Staff Psychologist and oh, DSS were there. They were all sitting when I walked in. I looked straight at DSS EXPERT and asked why they were there as I held them and Police responsible and that they had my son’s blood on their hands. I had warned them repeatedly that this was going to happen. They couldn’t look me in the eye. Police said mother had refused my son medical attention at the accident scene 5 times. Says so in Police report I still have. I said, if she was drunk and you arrested her, then YOU had custody of my son. And you should’ve sent him to the hospital! They never called me the night of the accident, they called her drunk friend to come pick up my 3 year old at the accident scene.

I called at least 5 different lawyers, they all listened and said they’d get back to me. They ALL said in the end “we don’t litigate against the Police”.

I’ve had custody of my son since. I feel lucky actually.
BTW- mom just last week got her 4th DUI

Last edited: