MSCustoms 90 ECSB Blue Beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Sounds like a deal if you do the pre sanding for me haha. My K5 Blazer is the practice vehicle right now but practice makes perfect.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Itll be a little while til i get paint, i still have to replace some body parts

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
No hurries. If you get another cowl hood then maybe that could be the practice.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
So during paint class tonight I learned that armor-all and car washes are very bad for the car. After many times of cleaning the truck with wax and grease remover and spending all that time sanding and prepping for paint, one light test coat of paint produced this

You must be registered for see images attach

The truck was previously painted and some of the dealer decals were placed on the truck while the paint was still wet.

Second note: the owner of the paint store has this just sitting there and of course I had to take pictures. The center console inside is fricken HUGE. Plus its for sale.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So during paint class tonight I learned that armor-all and car washes are very bad for the car. After many times of cleaning the truck with wax and grease remover and spending all that time sanding and prepping for paint, one light test coat of paint produced this

The truck was previously painted and some of the dealer decals were placed on the truck while the paint was still wet.

Second note: the owner of the paint store has this just sitting there and of course I had to take pictures. The center console inside is fricken HUGE. Plus its for sale.

surface wasnt clean or was too cold. fish eye eliminator helps a little.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
It was all the armor-all that has soaked into the paint. Its a fix for another day. I see it as more gun time and experience without having to pay for another class.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why pay for a class? watch some youtube videos and start practicing. ive been painting on my own stuff for a couple years. im not pro by any means, and i use a cheap harbor freight paint gun, but i enjoy playing around with it. i just picked up a front bumper cover for my truck today, hopefully can get it set up to prime and paint tommarow. ill post pics of how it turns out.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I wanted to learn more about the different types of paints and what guns to use. The classes are through the paint store itself and you can rent out the paint booth only if you take the classes. Classes are $70 each and its much cheaper than buying painting materials. Plus we get instant feedback from the instructor. I am also using a harbor freight gun as well and it works for primer but I'm looking for an lvlp gravity fed gun with different nozzles.