Moving seat position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to move my rear seat foward an inch or two in my obs ccsb. I am trying to make a behind the seat sub box. Anyone done this before?

Sent from my phone using my fingers

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
x2 on ^^^

There's not much room to begin with, and whether you buy or build an under seat box, you'll be better off.

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way to get under the seat is to remove it, right?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no they make fitted boxes for under the rear seats you can buy them empty and put your own speakers in

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you must do this, it's just a matter of drilling 4 holes the required distance forward. Make sure to check under the vehicle where the new holes are going to be, so that you are not drilling into anything vital. You would probably have to move the seat belt locations forward, too. Moving the belts may be more work than moving the seat. New brace plates & nuts would have to be welded to the underside of the cab floor.

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have to take the seat out to gain access underneath?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Remove the seat, mark the new hole positions, check underneath for anything in the way, drill the holes, install the seat.
If you are only moving the seat a couple of inches, your seat belts may be fine in their original place. If not, you would have to do what I decribed previously. Any welding under the cab floor, would require the removal of the floor covering inside, in the back. Even the rubber flooring has a jute backing/underlay, that when exposed to flame will smoulder for hours. That stuff is also under carpets. Wouldn't want you to have a severe vehicle meltdown, just for the sake of a subbox & 2"!

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man. The main reason I wanted a behind the seat box is for easy access. I dont really like the idea of having to pull the seat just to access the box. I am gonna try to make the behind the seat box work. I think using shallow mount subs, I can make it fit

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have a 10" shallow mount under the bench in my '97 RCSB. It certainly isn't comparable to the 10' DVC comp series, 600 watt @ 2ohms in my '98, but for what the system is, (cobbled together from stuff just lying around!) it fills in the lower end pretty good.

Here's some pix of the box. A member of the forum designed it. I apologize for not remembering who. (Step up, if it was you-know-who-you-are)

You must be registered for see images attach

The sub. Bought for $50.00 canadian ($19.95 U.S.! jk!) in a sub box, off of C/L. Even told the kid selling it that I'd give him $50 for the speaker, & he could keep the box, Nope. Wanted it all gone. Sold the box for $30.00. Took about 1/2 hr. to make this one.

How tall the box is.

Rated for 200w rms, 600 peak. A freakin' Blaupunkt! I've got 200 peak going to it, maybe 75rms, and it amazes me every time I hear it, especially knowing what it is! One of the best deals that I've got off of C/L.

With 2 of these under the back seat in an ECSB, and a bunch of sound deadening, some decent power, & it would sound excellent!