Moving driver seat back a few inches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
About to pick up a 97 Z-71 extended cab. My experience with gmt400s is that the seats are not able to go back far enough for me and I'm only 6'. Has any thought of or actually tried moving the driver seat back a few inches? If so, do you have to weld mounting points? Would check but don't have the truck yet.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
my years did you own before? 95-98 seem to have more space. im 6'4" and fit in my 96 with plenty of room, seat about 2 notches from fully back. my 94 is different story.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
like josh, i'm 6'-4" tall.. i spent two years hunting for Trans Am bucket seats (finally found a WS6 set).. they are closer to the rear wall of the cab than the stock bench ever thought about being. infact, i had to remove the headrests because they hit the rear glass before the seat slid all the way back. i love them. now i just need to get everything painted/dyed/recovered in another color.

You must be registered for see images attach

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Are you sure your seats are traveling all the way back on the tracks?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Im 6'2 and i was able to fit comfortably in both my '89 K3500 ECLB and '94 K1500 ECSB. The K3500 had fixed back non power seats and the K1500 has a power drivers seat. Prior to that the GMT400s i had before them were Regular cabs and i fit comfortably in them as well. Even had the seats moved up a notch or two from fully back in all the above trucks.

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6'8" and have no problem in my 94 with the seat all the way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk